Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pillars of the earth earth earth  (Read 3066 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Pillars of the earth earth earth
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 04:03:46 AM »
Okay I still have not finished this book.  Does it get any better or do I just have a short attention span?  I have however finished The Davinci Code anyone want to talk about that one as I know at least 4 or 5 of us have read it?  
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2004, 02:02:37 AM »
I have however finished The Davinci Code anyone want to talk about that one as I know at least 4 or 5 of us have read it?

Peep Peep as you know Iam one of those who have read it.I hope we can start  a discussion soon about it.Iam starting to forget what I have read,happens to us old folks   :P hehehehehhee

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 09:26:15 PM »
Ok, I just finished this mindnumbing book!!  Yeah!!  I can't really say it caught my imagination, but it was indeed of epic proportions (in it's size anyhow) :P.....

Sorry I didn't really enjoy it that much to be honest :(

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2004, 01:55:11 PM »
Ok, I just finished this mindnumbing book!!  Yeah!!  I can't really say it caught my imagination, but it was indeed of epic proportions (in it's size anyhow) .....

Sorry I didn't really enjoy it that much to be honest

Uh huh you just want to be different,now dont ya  :P hehehehehe

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2004, 08:19:15 PM »
But of course ;)....

I do stand by what I say though.  It didn't hold my attention at all really - it's lucky I don't have a tv, I probably would have watching the box and reading at the same time.

Saying this, I liked some of the characters and the way the were written.  All around I thought that a lot of the dialogue and narative was poor and the discriptions too long winded and in-depth.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab