Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello all  (Read 567 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello all
« on: January 06, 2004, 04:27:59 PM »
I just wanted to introduce myself (Laura) and my husband(Chris).  We moved the Horsham, West Sussex in August of 2003.  We come to England for Baltimore, Maryland.  We have come for a promotion my husband recieved for his job back in Annapolis.  He has a contract that has us here for 2-4 years.  We have really enjoyed the last several months and figuring out how things work over here.   Just before heading back to the States for Christmas, we finalized the import and registration of our car.  It only took 3+ months ;-).  Long story.

We have no children, but have a pound puppy that is staying with my Mom back in the States.  We miss her lots, but we know she is happy.  We just got back from our Christmas visit and she still slept with us, so at least we know she remembers us.  

As I mentioned we have done lots of exploring and plan on doing much more.  I am currently not working but am starting to look.  I am hoping for find something part-time or project related as I still want to travel and have a large family that plans to visit.  I am also planning to so some volunteer work with a organization that trains dogs for the handicapped.  I worked in the IT field as a Business Analyst prior to coming here.  Any suggestions on some recruiting firms that you have had luck with would be great.  I think I have covered it all.

Happy New Year
Laura
Would you not like to be
Sitting on top of the world with
Your legs hanging free

Dave Matthew Band  from Crash

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 06:09:36 PM »

Welcome to UKY Laura,and Happy New Year to you as well :)

Rhia

• Banned

• English, living in Lewes, East Sussex
    • Pagination Associates
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 06:47:47 PM »
Warmest of welcomes, Laura and Chris!  I know you will find much in this forum which is both practically and psychologically helpful from your compatriots, their partners/spouses, and friends.

I know Horsham quite well, and am just across the border from you in East Sussex.  And I have a dear friend now living in this country who is from Baltimore!

Howard
Deo gratias Anglia redde pro victoria

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 07:34:57 PM »
Hello and welcome Laura and Chris! Best of luck with the job hunt!
Melissa

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 02:58:33 PM »
Hello Laura and Chris.

I just moved here (northern England) from Annapolis, MD  nice to see some neighbors...and I wish you much joy on your adventure here.

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 06:10:04 PM »
Hi Laura and Chris...welcome to UKY. :)

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 04:33:43 PM »
Hi Laura and Chris, welcome to the site.  Best of luck in your new adventure.  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab