Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Across to Wiltshire via the Gulfstream  (Read 2941 times)

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Across to Wiltshire via the Gulfstream
« on: May 07, 2002, 10:37:20 AM »
I blame Marlespo for being here. No, not for being here here. But for being here. I looked at her web site and, as any curious person would do at 6am, I clicked on her links button.

Leah, fantastic site!

I hope in the months to come I am able to elevate my status. "Newbie" just doesn't describe me and my greyness.

I will not ramble this time, as I am prone to do. I have a ton of things to do this morning, so here's me in a nutshell (more, I'm sure, will follow):

Married to Graham going on four years; been living in Wiltshire since Jan98; lived in Florida for 20 years before that. And that reported, is still only half my life. My life completely changed after moving here, and for each year it's been a complete change since. I am getting way too old for this upheaval, but I wouldn't change it for the world, either.

Connections like this have played an extremely important role in my "settling in" because I found the isolation very very difficult. Now with more confidence I really do feel a part of this country. It takes a while, but this is now home to me.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• I love mankind...It's people I can't stand.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Across to Wiltshire via the Gulfstream
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 10:46:47 AM »
Welcome!  :)  Hope to see you in the chat tomorrow (well today for you!)  ;)
Friends don't let friends get "Friends" haircuts!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 02:53:33 PM »
Hi Lisa, welcome, and sorry I didn't get to meet you in chat the other night, but if I have no other problems with our internet connection, I should be there.

I'm glad you like the site, if it's helpful, then it's serving it's purpose.  :)

Feel free to ramble here, I think we're all guilty of that at some point.  ;)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 04:57:13 PM »
Mua ha ha ha ha.... somebody clicked on my links!
Sweeeeeet!

I feel like an Ambassador of Love (a la TMBG).

Make sense? That's okay.

Welcome Lisa!!!

This is such a warm and fuzzy and friendly place here, a lot of us on the other board play here because Leah RULES, the chat RULES, and we're all swell people. Hope you play around here a little more!

ANd thanks for playing on my page, I love it when that happens.  [smiley=blush.gif]
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab