Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Notice served for refusal of leave to enter??  (Read 3815 times)

• Liked: 0
Notice served for refusal of leave to enter??
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:36:23 PM »
I was refused leave to enter the UK back in December, and now that I'm filling out my application for my VAF2 online I've run into a snag.

It asks at one point which of the following notices I was served with: Deportation Order, APP104 or IS151A. Problem is, I wasn't served any of those forms and it won't let me move to the next section without choosing one! >:(

I've PM'ed garry, but I'm frantic now. Anyone else have this problem? Any advice and / or help will be MUCH appreciated!

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Notice served for refusal of leave to enter??
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:51:29 PM »
I was refused leave to enter the UK back in December, and now that I'm filling out my application for my VAF2 online I've run into a snag.

It asks at one point which of the following notices I was served with: Deportation Order, APP104 or IS151A. Problem is, I wasn't served any of those forms and it won't let me move to the next section without choosing one! >:(

I've PM'ed garry, but I'm frantic now. Anyone else have this problem? Any advice and / or help will be MUCH appreciated!

What question did you specifically answer that is sending you to the "which type of order".  Being refused entry is different then being deported.  Worse case scenario is fill out the VAF2 by hand.

On the other hand, and maybe Victoria can answer is you might have gotten an IS151A without realizing it, which is a notice of illegal entry when there is no extenuating circumstances.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 11:32:38 PM »
The questions they ask are fairly general and lumped together when concerning deportation, refusal for or cancelled leave, etc.

'You stated that you had been refused entry to the UK or had permission to remain or enter the UK cancelled. Where did this happen' (Terminal 4 Heathrow London Airport)

'Why did this happen' (Supposed reasoning behind refusal for leave to enter suggested that I was not a genuine visitor. Please see supporting documentation for further explanation.)

'When did this happen' (December 14, 2005)

'Did you appeal the decision' (No)

'If you appealed what was the decision'

Next Page

'You stated that you had been been deported‚ removed or otherwise required to leave the UK. When was the notice served on you' (December 14, 2005)

'What type of notice was it: Deportation Order, APP104, IS151A' (None)

'Why were you required to leave' (Refused Leave to Enter. Was not served any of the above notices. Served Immigration Service forms IS81, IS91R, IS82A, IS83.)

'If you appealed please give the details' (Did not appeal)

And I can't move past there because I wasn't served any of the available choices. How could someone get a document (IS151A) of such severe significance without realizing it? I've got every single form they served me, and the closest that may come to the IS151A is the IS82A which is the 'Notice of Refusal of Leave to Enter' and the IS83 which is the 'Directions to Remove a Person or Persons' assigned to the captain of British Airways.

I'm stumped. ???

• My blog!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 12:53:39 AM »
'What type of notice was it: Deportation Order, APP104, IS151A' (None)

'Why were you required to leave' (Refused Leave to Enter. Was not served any of the above notices. Served Immigration Service forms IS81, IS91R, IS82A, IS83.)

One of the helpful things is to look at a blank VAF2 (all website is doing is helping you fill it out the right way.  There are blank VAF2's on the ukvisa's website in PDF format.  Look for the same box there and see what it says.  Sometimes they state things in a better way on the VAF2 form then they do on the web form.

I think your response is that Type of notice answer: IS82A (which was your refusal letter) though it isn't specifically listed there and I would give a better explination of why you were refused entry.  Just a "I was refused" will set off a lot of red flags.  If it is because "I had been coming in too many times on a visitor's visa and the entry clearance officer didn't believe I was actually a visitor" then I would go for something like that.  Just stating "they gave me a lot of forms but I don't know why" will only raise more questions then answers.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 02:30:13 AM »
I've printed out of the VAF2 far in advance and my husband has helped me fill it out by hand. Not only that, but I've done as much research as possible and garry has been helping me. I'd like to continue with the online form as it's quicker, neater and far more convenient than printing it, filling it out (and hoping it's legible), and mailing it off.

Question 7.13 on the PDF VAF2 states:

What happened? Please give details of any forms which were served on you (e.g. Deportation Order, APP104 or IS151A)

Almost as foggy as the online application form.

If you look at the answer I've provided for the second question on my previous post, you'll see that I responded with: 'Supposed reasoning behind refusal for leave to enter suggested that I was not a genuine visitor. Please see supporting documentation for further explanation.'

Not only am I providing ALL original forms provided for my refusal (which clearly state their suggested reasoning as to why I was refused), but I'm also including a copy of the letter which the Home Office supplied to my then boyfriend concerning the investigation that was conducted and concluded in regards to my treatment, in addition to an explanation in my letter of intent. I simply had no prior entry clearance and my length of stay made them suspicious (approx. seven weeks).

I digress. Thank you for the help though, kitsonk.

• My blog!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 04:43:17 AM »
Not only am I providing ALL original forms provided for my refusal (which clearly state their suggested reasoning as to why I was refused), but I'm also including a copy of the letter which the Home Office supplied to my then boyfriend concerning the investigation that was conducted and concluded in regards to my treatment, in addition to an explanation in my letter of intent. I simply had no prior entry clearance and my length of stay made them suspicious (approx. seven weeks).

Yeah, I don't think "grumpy Immigration Officer" would be good to write down... ;)  Sorry to hear your problems.  I noticed in another thread you are talking about doing the whole thing by post now.  I am assuming you are not hear a consulate, so what they will do is setup a phone interview with you (most likely because of the refusal) which will be a couple weeks from the time they get your paperwork.  They will ask you all the details about everything you have submitted, why you got refused, etc etc etc...

Assuming that your boyfriend and yourself have made the case that you won't end up on public funds, it hopefully will be fairly painless.  I will cross my fingers.
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 04:45:30 AM »
Erm... this is for a Spousal Visa, not a Fiance Visa.  ;D

They wouldn't still ask for a phone interview, would they? :o

Thanks for the crossed fingers, kitsonk. :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:27:33 PM by Valerian »

• My blog!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 09:42:33 PM »
Erm... this is for a Spousal Visa, not a Fiance Visa.  ;D

They wouldn't still ask for a phone interview, would they? :o

Thanks for the crossed fingers, kitsonk. :)

Yes, they are probally going to do a phone interview with you simply because of your refusal to enter.
Transpondia
My Blog

Sponsored Links