Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HSMP, UK Immigration, question  (Read 451 times)

• Liked: 0
HSMP, UK Immigration, question
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:57:54 PM »
Hi,

A friend of mine in India wants to apply for UK immigration through Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP).
He has following questions in this regard.

* Is it advisable to apply directly without using UK immigration consultant services.
* Is there any benefit in applying for UK immigration using the UK immigration consultant services.
* If it is better to use UK immigration consultant services, is there any one you would suggest.

Regards

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: HSMP, UK Immigration, question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »
* Is it advisable to apply directly without using UK immigration consultant services.
* Is there any benefit in applying for UK immigration using the UK immigration consultant services.
* If it is better to use UK immigration consultant services, is there any one you would suggest.

I am not a consultant and so I have no stake in the game.  For HSMP there is a lot of paperwork to pull together and ways that you need to make your case.  Also, though they probally wouldn't admit it, the UK would scrutinize an HSMP more from India then persay the US.  I would say my peace of mind would be greater to go through the process with someone who knows how to make the case.  Only problem is I don't personally know of anyone in that area (except for Victoria S) so I can't make a recommendation on who would be better.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: HSMP, UK Immigration, question
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:42:07 AM »
If your application really is totally clear cut then no, you probably don't need an advisor.  However, there is a high refusal rate, and your chances are better with an advisor if there are any potential problems, such as pay slips missing, different sources of income, or problems with getting good references.

Victoria

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab