Sponsored Links

Topic: My husband is disabled - do we pay taxes?  (Read 769 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • *
  • Posts: 19

  • smile - especially if it hurts
  • Liked: 0
  • Joined: Jul 2003
  • Location: Orkney
My husband is disabled - do we pay taxes?
« on: January 20, 2004, 12:44:40 AM »

I am the US citizen and I am trying to figure out if I need to pay taxes in the US or the UK for 2003.  I did not work at all in the US for 2003.  I worked part-time from late September - November in the UK.  Is there a minimum amount of compensation I needed to acquire before filing in either country?

My husband has a degenerative eye disease and receives incapacity benefits from the UK. His doctor registered him as 'blind' this year.  I have applied for an ITIN number for him for my 2002 tax year.

Any help you can give us will be most appreciated.


Sponsored Links