Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Notary Services  (Read 52185 times)

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Notary Services
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »
so now i am so confused

the bank needs a certified copy of my passport.  So a notary doesn't do this?  A lawyer does?

I want to avoid paying 65 quid a page, OMG!!!!!!

That is all a bit strange.  First a notary can usually make a certified copy (ask the notary), but there is a difference between Notarizing a document and making a certified copy of a document.  Notarizing means that someone appears, offers up identification and signs a document and the notary attests that this person did appear, provided proof of identification and signed the document.  A certified copy is where someone with authority, normally a nortary or a lawyer, makes a physical copy of a document and certifies that the copy of the document is accurate and full copy of the original.

There is no standard fee for this, so I would try and look around and negotiate, because 65 quid a page seems excessive.

If you truly need a ceritifed copy of a passport, it is ussually because you cannot or are not willing to proffer of the orignal document at the time needed, (e.g. when applying for a visa and your DH still needs their passport).  So I am suprised a bank truly needs a certified copy of your passport.  Why can't you just show up at the branch and have an employee of the branch make a copy of your passport for their records?  They will know it is a faithful and original copy of the passport because the bank did it...
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 03:05:01 PM »
it's for an HSBC offshore account, so i can't go there sadly! (and i can't find an HSBC branch)

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »
will this do???? i think it should!

[Date ]

I, [                           ], a [solicitor of the Supreme Court] in England and Wales of the above address hereby certify that the document attached to this certificate is a true copy of [the corresponding pages of] a document produced to me this day by [          ] of [                     ] who declared it to be and which appears to be [        ]

This certificate has been requested for the purpose of [                ]

In faith and testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand the day and year first before written

Solicitor

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 04:44:01 PM »
it's for an HSBC offshore account, so i can't go there sadly! (and i can't find an HSBC branch)

You can't find a HSBC branch?  http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/contact-sc 
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 04:51:40 PM »
OMG thanks!  i'll call them!

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »
HMPH

since i'm not an HSBC account holder in the UK they won't do it for me!!!!!!!

• Chronicles of Squidgyboo
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
I LOVE THIS SIGHT!!!  I found out today that I needed a notarized DS-3053 (statement of consent or special circumstances: issuance of a us passport to a minor) for the Embassy apt I have on Thursday.  My partner is going to be out of the country for work and will not be attending the apt w/ me for our daughters consular notification and issuance of passport.  So he leaves tonight and I begin to freak out because where the he!! am I going to find a notary in Manchester at such short notice.  Back in the US I have friends who are notaries so it's never been an issue and they do it for free.  So I get onto the forum and look up visa and citizenship and TA DUM!!  There's a notary services thread and on that thread is a website where I can locate a notary in my area!!  So a couple of hours later and about 4 phone calls and a short drive I have the notarized DS-3053!! 

Have I mentioned already I LOVE THIS SIGHT??!!??!!
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world. Eleanor Roosevelt

• Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »
Just to verify, if I want to send off a copy of my passport instead of my actual passport for my EEA2 application I just need a certified copy and not a notarised copy (which involves hand-sewing of some sort and lots and lots of money)

"As it appears a solicitor or notary will do I’ll do it as a Notary but at the solicitor price.  This all might sound odd but as a Notary I’d have to prepare an official certificate which gets attached to the passport and gets hand sewn to it and sealed and I do not think you need all of this and it would be far most costly.

I’ll certify the passports simply as a Notary and that should be good for what you want to do."

This is the quote I got from a solicitor who is also a notary. I just need to confirm with her what I need.

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38:01 AM »
Hi all,

This is a little follow up to another post a made yesterday.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=40546.0

On the SU07/01 Sponsorship Undertaking form it asks for a certified copy of the deeds of the house.

Can this be certified over in the USA or would it be better to do it over here in the UK?

Do I even need a SU07/01 form when my fiancee is submitting her VAF4 application???

Paul
"Goddamnit", I said. "Whats the bail? I want that ape."

• Banned

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »
I think I've answered both these questions already....

Vicky

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
My wife and I had to taken in a copy of the origianal marriage certif to the bank so we asked the chap if he could noterise all the copies we made incase we required any to send to them in the future the same with passports also you can photocopy them and take origianal in and that saves the hassel of a charge and only getting one copy off them.

I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

• Banned

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »
I think the issue may be that an ECO or the Home Office may not accept documents which are only certificed by a bank...this is why I recommend going to a notary or solicitor.

Vicky

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
I want to make sure I have this notarized documents understood correctly...
We plan on sending all the ORIGINALS in our unmarried partners visa application.  We will include copies of those originals of course.  Now does this mean we do not have to have anything notarized?  Or is there something I am missing?
Also- we asked Bank of America to send our old bank statements (as we did everything online) and they did which states the date of statement and old address but these would need to be "stamped by the bank"? 
I have only needed to notarize a document once and my bank did this for me... 
Could you please give us a list of what is REQUIRED to be certified/notarized??  As far as our mail goes- we have included all sorts of things.  I have a couple tax statements from 2006 but there is no month date... is this ok to be included?  Also in the states the postal service can sometimes take quite a few attempts to actually get your new address so we have some pieces that have our names and old address at a date we have been living in our new address... will this be a problem??

Thank you so much!!

• Banned

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »
Note:  PLEASE do not PM me when you are posting a question publicly as well. 

Vicky

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »
Sorry- after I PMed you- I realized you probably were not able to directly answer my questions so I thought to post here. 
*noted*  :-X

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab