Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 586 times)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
Hi everyone!
« on: January 28, 2004, 08:17:59 PM »
I confess, I am not new to the site,, but I forgot what my username was and havn't been here in a few months  :o

am here for good tho, and wanting to reconnect with my fellow Americans living over here in the UK.

I am in Bournemouth, and have been here nearly 4 years now. Most recently from Houston, but grew up in Florida. I have two teenage daughters who are still in Houston, going to school, and spending the summers here with me.

I still am adjusting to life here, but have yet to take my driving test. Just as many other Americans, I find it difficult to learn to drive stick, and adjust to the wrong side of the road all at the same time  :-/  I have about decided to take the test in an automatic for now, and continue to practise in my husband's standard shift. I do want to gain my independence on the roads, but in an automatic to start, and gain my confidence first on the roads here.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better :)

Tebs

• Liked: 1
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 08:59:28 PM »
Hi there TEBS and welcome back!  

I am right there with you on the driving front in that I am not even sure I want to learn to drive stick...I am distracted enough without having to worry about shifting.  My main thing is thinking about dealing with the narrowness of the roads and hedgerows.  

Regardless having the ability to drive is very liberating and I wish you the best in that endevour.  I also look forward to seeing more of your posts!

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 09:06:19 PM »
Welcome back tebs!
:)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 09:19:38 PM »

Hiya Tebs,glad to meet you ;D

Rhia

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 09:53:46 PM »
Hi Tebs, welcome to the site (again).  Glad you are here.  I'm another one that is of the same mind as you regarding driving.  I think I'll worry about the roads first then worry about driving a standard later.  One less thing to stress over is much better for me.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 09:58:33 PM »
Thanks everyone,, it's kinda nice to know that we share similar concerns isn't it? I wonder how unusual it is to take the test initially in automatic, and later on, taking it again in standard?

I have alot of posting to do, and reading of posts to catch up on  :D

I just went outside to have a snowball fight with my husband LOL,, we dont' see it here often, in fact, I think this is the first time it's snowed in Bournemouth since I have moved here.  It never snows in Houston, so it's a treat for me. :)

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 12:47:02 AM »

It never snows in Houston, so it's a treat for me. :)

I know what you mean...I live in Houston. :-/ The last time it really snowed here was 32 years ago. :o

Welcome back to UKY..hope to see you posting more. :)

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 02:25:24 AM »
Hi And welcome back!
I am in sunny California at the moment (yeah right - foggy CA) and would LOVE to be there to see the snow! Fight on - and throw one for me!!!

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 03:26:13 PM »
Hello Tebs...welcome back to the site...  what was the name you used last time if I may ask...so I can see if I can recall you.

anyway..welcome back and good luck with the driving... hopefully you do not have a nagging pain in the you know what teacher as my honey is... gawd he is horrible to drive with...  LOL... instead of helping me get use to the opposite side of road...he feels a need to teach me to drive the same way he does...  i mean lordy...I have been driving for 31 years now...and a stick at that...  ooops! sorry thinking of driving gets me on a tangent lately...

anyway...welcome back
Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab