Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: hello  (Read 621 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
hello
« on: January 28, 2004, 10:44:44 PM »
Hi to all. What a wonderful treat is was to find this site! i am from Pa and  been here in Northampton for over 3 yrs now. Married a brit ( yea i know). What i wouldnt have given to know about this the first year i was here. I have a dilemma that no one seems to be able to answer for me , perhaps some of u have been there also. I am paying off an american credit card ( which i had to use because no one would give me credit here for a longggg time ) . For the last 3 years i have used the local American express office to get a money order in us dollars. When i went to make my payment this month , poof , they are gone. Closest office now is too far for me to travel. Any one else paying on debts in the US? and how do u get the money there in us dollars? Any suggestions will be appreciated! And are there any others here from my area? I seldom see any americans here although i hear from others there are a few about.  ;D

• Liked: 1
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 10:50:46 PM »
Hi and welcome to UKY!  

It's nice of you to come and introduce yourself.

With the credit card the only suggestion I have to to check to see if your company has an internet pay option.  They can usually set it up for you so that you can pay online.  That's how I pay my citibank and I have not even left yet.

Just an idea!

Hope to see more of you!

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 11:09:17 PM »
Hi Nancella, nice to meet and greet you to our site.  I too haven't moved over yet and so avoid your situation am hoping to pay it all off before I move.  I hope you find the answer soon.  Could you call the american express office- even though its far away- perhaps they could take the money automatically from your bank account or set you up, as Peeps suggested, with an internet account.  Just a thought.

Most of all welcome to UKY!
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 12:31:59 AM »
Hi Nancella...welcome to UKY. :)

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 02:27:43 AM »
Hi and Welcome -
For me. . . well, I kept a bank account open in the States with some money in it. I bet that doesn't help you now! How about HSBC - I think that they can help you out if you have an account with them  ???

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 03:20:11 PM »
Hi Nancella, welcome to UKY...

HSBC is a good place...  welcomed me with open arms...I had opened a savings account with them a couple years ago on a visit... it made it easy to get a checking account with them...and they work well with my account back in states so far...

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 04:03:07 PM »

Hiya Nancella

Welcome to UKY :)Sorry that I cant help you with the bank thing,but I know there are lots of people here who can

You found a wonderful community

Rhia

Sponsored Links