Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello  (Read 783 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello
« on: January 29, 2004, 06:23:09 AM »
Hi:  I am new to this forum.and sooooo glad that I found it. I am trying to persuade my husband that he would really like to live in England  !!!!
He has visited lots of times over the last 3 years and always had a great time, just not sure how he would like living there.

Once again it's great to be here

Elaine.
patiently waiting to go home :-)

• Liked: 2
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 01:26:38 PM »
Hi Elaine

Where in England are you from?

I am not sure I can offer any advice on how to persuade your husband - my husband couldn't wait to get here! How long have you been in the States? Maybe you can convince him that since you have been there however long, it's now his turn to give the UK a go!

Anyhow welcome to UK Yankee, great to have another British wife on board.

Liz

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 02:49:06 PM »

Hiya there Elaine,

You spoke briefly to my hubby last night :)Although Iam an American,I do understand the feeling of being homesick for the UK.As my hubby told you,Iam very happy to be moving back there soon,but  I will also naturally be missing my homeland as well.
 Thats why this site is a wonderful community that you have found.There is many people here that understand what you are going through in one way or the other.We are here to listen,and give advise when we can,or just offer a hug.
 You might try and find British people living in the states on or offline that feel the same way you do ,and missing home.That can really work wonders!

Just keep reminding your husband of all the positive things about living in the UK.Iam sure he also understands how much you miss your home too.

Its great to have you here as well
   Rhia

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 02:55:46 PM »
Hello Elaine, welcome to UKY...

Good luck with your persuassion towards a move.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 04:22:29 PM »
Hi Elaine welcome to UK Yankee.  Best of luck convincing your husband to make the move.  Don't forget to let us know how the battle goes.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 04:25:09 PM »
Hi Elaine..welcome to UKY. :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 04:34:03 PM »
Hi Elaine and a belated welcome!  I am not sure how I missed your post!  Moving to a new place can be quite intimidating, but it is worth it just for the new experience.  Hopefully you will be able to convince your husband!

I echo the sentiments that the other ladies have already said!  
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 10:48:12 PM »
Thanks all of you for your kind messages, I am busy making my list of why he should love to go and live in the UK.  :) . I have only been here a year, I feel a little guily wanting to drag him away from his home land so soon.

I promised I would try for at least 2 years  :-[. I have 3 children back in england who did not want to move over here. I thought it would get easier with time  :(, I understand that a lot of people are in the same situation.

I will keep you posted  :)
patiently waiting to go home :-)

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 12:09:12 AM »
:DWelcome to the site Elaine
Laugh, Love & Be Happy ...life is to short for anything else..

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2004, 05:41:54 PM »
I'm late! But a hearty welcome to you!! How old are your children? Have they been for a visit to the States? I know what its like to miss your *home*. Good luck with the hubby!

• Money can't buy me, luv
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2004, 08:33:26 PM »
Welcome to UKY, Elaine :-)

Ellie
"Oh look, a beckoning digit!"

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 02:45:12 AM »
Hi Elaine...guess I am really, really late in welcoming you to the board! I am new myself and was busy reading all the (scary!) posts in the immigration section. I am moving to the UK this summer, and my preschool twins will be moving with me, but atleast 2, and maybe all 3, of my teenagers will be staying here for school reasons! I have no idea how I will cope, so I understand what you went through in moving this way. Maybe you can share with me some ways you've been able to stay close across the miles? The twins and I leave next Wednesday for a month-long stay, so I will have a better idea of how it will feel as I have only been away from them for a week or two at a time. Where are you in Texas? I have spent a lot of time in Austin and San Antonio (and been a few other places too!)

Again, welcome! Geally

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab