Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Not taking our loved ones for granted  (Read 2179 times)

• Liked: 0
Not taking our loved ones for granted
« on: January 29, 2004, 06:04:29 PM »
Hi all! I have been reading some of the posts here and just wanted to say that I know once we're all permanently with the ones we love and are separated from now, we will never fall in the trap of taking him or her for granted like what happens in so many of the relationships that never have to go through a "trial" like this! I have been married before and know that you can be married legally (in my case for over 15 years) and still not be "married." Being able to endure these times apart only makes us stronger as individuals (which makes us great relationship partners!), and also gives us the time and space so that we can see where are true commitments lie. If it wasn't truly real love, we wouldn't be putting ourselves through this! So that is what I comfort myself with. Hope all of us that are separated now find the means to see eachother as often as possible, and that the transition to a permanent move goes smoothly! (I am off to write about my own transition fears regarding my children on the parenting board.)
Take care, geally

Re: Not taking our loved ones for granted
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 08:12:10 PM »
 Very good point Geally,and so very true.Its just proof that we can get through anything with just love,commitment and inner strength.I know for me personally it did make me and my husband's love stronger.

Thank you for you kind words,and "pep" talk,for the ones that are going through this right now,and to remind us that went through it in the past,how strong our love is because of it.

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 02:01:32 PM »
kudos Geally... hey look, it is the geordie girls answering here...  must be because we have decided to move to the artic for love...LOL
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 07:30:45 AM »
There is something about working harder for something, rather than it just being given to you. In this case, remembering the feeling of not being with your loved one, and waiting so long (an eternity!) to be with him/her again...you sort of put things into better perspective when it comes to having a disagreement over something that's really trivial.

My ex was way too easy to walk away from. The relationship I'm in now? He's definitely a keeper.  ;D
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links