Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rosie ships tomorrow!  (Read 1455 times)

• Liked: 0
Rosie ships tomorrow!
« on: October 02, 2002, 03:46:36 AM »
We are shipping our dog, Rosebud, tomorrow to the UK.  According to the airline (Northwest/KLM) we can't take her as extra baggage on our flight next week, so we are shipping her this week so she doesn't have to be here with all the packing craziness.  The vet checked her out yesterday and gave her the "A-OK" for travel, so I'm sure she'll be fine.  She will be doing her 6 mo quarantine at Wey Farm Kennels in Surrey -- they came highly recommended to us.   I just hope she's OK!  We just adopted her from a rescue shelter last Nov., so she's already had a hard life, and we couldn't give her up as she's become such a big part of our family.  Oh, she's a 7 yo female Basset Hound -- the biggest sweetie you'll ever meet!

As for the family, our storage shipment for WA packs up and ships on Friday.  Our international packout starts on Monday.  We've been spending the last few days sorting out what goes where, throwing out crap, and making endless numbers of phone calls and last-minute errands.  Crazy!  Wish us luck -- we'll be in the UK very soon!

Stephanie
Only 9 days to go!

Re: Rosie ships tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 08:13:15 PM »
Hooray Stephanie!  You're in the home-stretch now!  You'll be here before you know it!   :)

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 09:46:22 PM »
Awwwe, how wonderful, I am so envious and so happy for ya...  that is great about Rosie, I wish her a good trip... and a happy life in the UK...  It will be so hard for me when I have to give up my little girl ...    :'(

With any luck, my turmoil of trying to have a moving sale will begin in a month or so...

Have a great trip, I wish you well!!!
Michele
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 10:35:16 PM »
Hee hee .....a Bassett Hound named Rosebud ? Brilliant  ;)

Too Cool Stephanie !!!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Here's hoping everything goes well for you guys  :D

Red
You're a daisy if you do........

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 11:24:12 PM »
Hee hee .....a Bassett Hound named Rosebud ? Brilliant  ;)

I wish I could take credit for naming her, but the folks at the Humane Society dubbed her Rosebud.  She seemed to like it, so we kept the name.  :)  She just left with Bret to go to the airport -- I'm a little teary, but she'll do just fine.  And, we'll get to go see her next weekend in England!

Stephanie

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 02:19:39 PM »
How exciting! Sounds like Rosebud will be in good hands... good luck and conratulations on your soon-to-be arrival! :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

Re: Rosie arrived safely :)
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2002, 03:18:41 AM »
We called Wey Farm this morning and spoke with the gentleman who collected her at Gatwick.  He said she is doing great and "The whole staff just loves her."  That made us feel much better!  I'm sure she'll have the entire staff and visitors trained to rub her belly by the time we arrive next week.  One less thing to worry about!

Stephanie

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab