Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello fellow Americans  (Read 2764 times)

• Maine to London
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hello fellow Americans
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2002, 10:32:37 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Leah, it means alot knowing how busy you are.  Your website is a godsend!  You are a saint!  
Thank you for all that you do ;D
expat
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2002, 09:23:42 PM »
Hi expat, sorry it's taken so long for me to welcome you ( I'm a newbie here too), but I've been busy trying to get things together for my move to the UK & havent been online much recently.The process has been long, tedious, & frustrating at times, but I know it will be worth it the end.  :)
Just an idea for volunteer work, might not be your cup of tea, but this is what I'm going to do when I get over. Being a big animal lover (greyhounds especially) I plan on volunteering at some of the greyhound rescue groups in the area. There are quite a few of them, & I'm looking so forward to that.
I really hope your becoming more adjusted as time goes on & feeling a lot less homesick. I know I'll be dealing with that soon enough, but this forum will definitely be my lifeline. Such a great bunch of people!  If ever you want to chat, just let me know. I find talking to others who have gone through or are going through the same thing is such a comfort. Good luck with everything. :)
Sheila

• Maine to London
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2002, 11:45:58 AM »
Hi Shelia,
Thanks for the warm welcome.   ;DI do hope your move goes smoothly.  Where are you moving to?  The greyhound rescue group sounds great, I am an animal lover as well.  I will do some checking out on the web.  I am sure they have something in London.  
Take care and keep posting!
expat  ;D
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

• Hi there from Maine
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2003, 09:34:00 PM »
Hi there,   I am very excited to have come across your message,  I am also from Maine, and just moved here the 30th of December.  I know exactly how you feel.  Would love to have a chat with you.   My email address is writwyla@hotmail.com

Sponsored Links