Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi..again  (Read 582 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi..again
« on: February 09, 2004, 10:56:24 AM »
Hi, I'm not really new to this site. I started coming here last April when we were on the other side of the pond, and I was still trying to figure things out.I 'm not a very prolific(sp?) poster,and I think my origanal introduction is now gone.So a little about me...I moved here(warwickshire) with my husband of 16yrs(he's the brit) and our son, 14 in April. We moved here from SC, but we have lived all over the US.Son was born in La Lolla, moved to Aspen, Nashville, NY, SC.We are all happy to be here but we all definately get homesick(even DH). I don't miss the place as much as I really miss my own personal lifestyle. We were able to bring our Lab. but I had to leave my horse, and this has been devistating. But I do see a new horse on the horizon! So, if you happen to see a "crazy girl" riding western and chasing sheep across the english country side, ;wave ;D) that'll be me!
Always saddle your own horse

• Garden Butterflies
Re: Hi..again
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 12:25:05 PM »
welcome cwgrlbarb... It is good to have you re-join us...

I am sure you can find your pick of horses here...  at least where I live up north...they are all over...  have 5 horses in a pasture right outside my door...  love them...fed them some apples today in fact...  it is all I can do to keep from jumping on one for a ride...  well, besides the fact that I can not jump that high anymore... ;) in fact...  i would imagine it would be hard for me to get on a horse at all these days without a step ladder...  lol...  ahhh the joys of middle age and bad joints.

again welcome... hope your homesickness is not to hard on you...

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 02:28:18 PM »
Welcome back Barb. :) I live right near Newmarket so there's always loads of horses trotting about on the roads - it's one of my favorite things about the area here. :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 03:04:04 PM »

Hiya Cwgrlbarb and a re-welcome to UKY :)
 Oh I hope that you are able to get a special friend very soon indeed!

Rhia

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 03:36:17 PM »
Welcome back!  I  do remeber you because my sister in law has a horsey named Woody.  He's just made the transition from the city to the country and is having a grand old time.  Now if the Navy does not ship them out of the UK they should be fine.

Thanks for stopping by the Welcome Wagon where horses are our friends. ;)  They help move the wagon you see....okay bad joke there...
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 03:50:40 PM »
Hi and welcome back to the site.  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 07:23:31 PM »
Hi there! How is your son adjusting? There is another new member that has a 14 year old and is considering bring her over. I am sure that she would love to hear from you! Only thing is that I am not sure where it was posted!
Anyway - welcome to UKY
Melissa

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 09:41:46 PM »
Hi y'all and thanks for the warm welcome, and thank you vnice for remembering me especially since I don't post much.We were kind of neighbors when I was back there, I was in Charleston,SC and we were in hotlanta alot!   And yes, there are plenty of equine friends here in the UK and I love seeing all of them and I hate to say it but,it's just not the same as having your own. I rode cutting horses, and loved working cattle(if anyone has seen cutting I'm sure you'd agree that watching  these animals is like watching a dance between horse and cow) and the feeling you get to be able to ride....sublime. I'm gushing I know!  :-[ On the bright side reigning is becoming a popular sport in Europe so you never know...  Anyway, thanks again and I hope I can offer someone even half as much help as you all have given me.
Always saddle your own horse

Sponsored Links