Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner....  (Read 615 times)

• Liked: 0
Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner....
« on: February 09, 2004, 11:34:03 AM »
...well, not really, but the jingle has been going through my head all weekend!  We went to Spain over the weekend to visit our former neighbours and while they were showing us the sights,,,,mostly markets and grocery stores, I saw OM bacon and weiners!  Yep, the real thing,,,needless to say I checked out the offerings and they were the same products that we could get in the States. These were not confined to the larger supermarkets, either, the local shops carried a good supply of bacon, hot dogs and cold cuts and most importantly, the price was very good,,,,package of bacon was approx £1.  The stores also had Lays potato chips, Ruffles and Fritos!  I was in Hog Heaven!!!  

So while other people bring back ciggies & booze,,,,give me OM hot dogs and Ruffles any day,,,I'll risk the customs officers evil looks!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 11:58:07 AM »
Oh - can I sneak some Oscar Mayer Bologna over from Spain?!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 12:26:09 AM »
Hey where in Spain did you get them?  I used to find some things at El Corte Ingles..but not many...had the time of my life hunting down Tex-Mex stuff....
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 08:50:52 AM »
Bought them at Champions, which seems to be a national chain and also at some little grocery store.  But talking to my friend and she said she has seen them at other places as well and now that she knows that I like OM, she'll send me care packages whenever someone from the UK comes to visit, not bad, eh?

As far as customs was concerned, I couldn't see anything about bringing meat products into the UK, so it must be alright.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 02:54:39 PM »
Oh my I am giddy with happiness.... at least some things to change for the better....I will have to be on the look out when I am there...

Thanks for the tip. :)
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab