Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lost my cousin...  (Read 9521 times)

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Lost my cousin...
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 04:46:23 PM »
Thanks for all the kind thoughts... The family (there is rather a lot of us) are in quite a bit of shock.  I am getting everything via my mom right now because of the distance.  His wife, Karen, is obviously a bit distraught especially with having all the plan ready and him coming back in less then a week, but she is keeping my Aunt and Uncle informed.  The Army is visiting her today to make arrangements.  He was in the Army special forces, and checking the DoD website indicates that three soldiers were killed yesterday AM during combat operations in Baghdad and two others were injured.  I guess it takes a few days for them to release the names.

We are waiting to hear were services will be.  I am actually considering going, there is a sense of duty to honor him and grieve with the family.  My mother is saying that all her brothers and sisters will be attending, which from a family of 10 kids is a lot.

It is surreal to say the least.  These are the sort of things that I thought my generation was free of.  I hope those of you that have loved ones that are deployed right now all have them all return healthy very soon.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 05:05:05 PM »
So sorry to hear this kitsonk.

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 05:06:15 PM »
So sorry to hear this.   :(  Hope you can make it back for the service.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 05:29:47 PM »
Certainly thinking about you and your family...my sincerest condolences.

• Kat
  • I don't have to like Bush to love my country

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 02:47:06 AM »
Kitsonk, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost a dear friend about a month ago in Iraq.  He was a Marine and was killed by a roadside bomb.  Although I'm so proud of how brave he was, and how he served his country, I have to admit that the pride is mixed with a great deal of bitterness...for me. 

OT, but I just have to say, the way the Marines participated the viewing and burial was outstanding.  Having them there showing such respect to my friend was very moving. 

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. 
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning" Catherine Aird

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 07:52:28 AM »
I'm really sorry, Kitsonk.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 09:37:59 AM »
I am so sorry that you lost him. As you said - it totally puts things into perspective....my deepest condolenses to you and your family.  I hope you're able to make it back to his funeral. (((HUGS)))
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Oscar Wilde

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 01:58:34 PM »
Kitsonk,

I'm so sorry..You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 08:04:53 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss. 

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 08:47:31 PM »
I know none of us can probably say anything to make it better but I'm so incredibly sorry for you and your family. Your family and you will be in my thoughts.

If you need to talk feel free to email me. Also, I'm not sure how you are dealing with this but reading alot online about grief has really helped me understand what I'm going through and what my family is going through after losing my sister. I'd suggest possibly going to therapy also...it doesn't hurt.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 10:09:56 AM »
I am so very sorry for your loss.  I'm thinking of you and your family.  I hope you will be able to make the service.

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
So sorry to hear of your tragic loss. Warm thoughts to you and your family.

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »
My sincere condolences.  :(
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

• My blog!
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »
Again, I appreciate all the kinds thoughts.  It especially helps having some place to talk about it.  The DoD has made the official press release: http://www.defenselink.mil/Releases/Release.aspx?ReleaseID=10224, he was Capt. Jason Hamill.

There are a lot of decisions to make and Karen, his wife is barely keeping it together.  Her parents are with her now but she has yet to start eating.  The military is suggesting, because he was an officer, that he is eligible for Arlington, VA.  My personal hope is that the family chooses there, because it seems to be a honorable place for someone who served their country without question.  While I have never supported the war, I have never questioned the honor of those who do what has been asked of them and especially those who lose their lives in following their sense of duty.

I am still shocked because of the closeness in age.  Jeff, one of the triplets Jason was a part of and I have a lot in common lifestyle wise and I am sure that he is just devastated.  Jason was a good and honorable man.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
My Blog

• My blog!
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »
Actually this is a much better article: http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=395515db-dfd2-4243-9301-aa97f40145ad.  It was a very good article.  I didn't realize the whole state of CT was lowering their flags to half mast to honor Jason.
Transpondia
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab