Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What is your best tip?  (Read 1528 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: What is your best tip?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 07:04:12 PM »
Oh a fav for fish or scallops or shrimp.  Pan saute the fishy of choice (works better for mild fishes).

Serve with rice and mango salsa.  

Mango Salsa is just:

2 medium mango(es), finely diced  (papaya works too)
1 medium sweet red pepper(s), finely diced (I use a mix most times red, green, yellow)
1/2 medium red onion(s), finely chopped (plain onion works)
1/2 medium jalapeno pepper(s), seeded and minced
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (or use parsley if you hate cilantro even mint might be nice)
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Hiya
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 07:11:55 PM »
I personally eat a lot of omelettes when I'm in a hurry.  You can make them as healthy or unhealthy as you like....plus it only takes one pan to cook in really and a bowl to mix the eggs (so minimal cleaning up is necessary).  

Oh if you like wrap sandwiches, I like to take a tortilla/pita wrap, put a herby or garlic-type cream cheese spread on it, chicken, and roasted vegetables...yummy!!!!  

Another option is salad with chopped up chicken fingers...so so so yummy (although I like the breaded chicken...so not especially healthy).  I like those hard chow mein noodles in salads instead of croutons, plus those are usually pretty cheap as well.

I love eggplant parmigiana (think I spelled that wrong).  Anyhow eggplant (it's called something else in the UK, but the name escapes me just now) is dirt cheap at ASDA.  So you slice that, bread it and fry it up in a pan.  eat it with spaghetti and tomato sauce.  Steven makes it for me, so I don't know the exact recipe, but that's pretty much the jist of it.  Oh you can put it in a dish on top of the spaghetti and sauce, top the eggplant with mozzarella cheese and bake it a bit.

I'm with the other ladies...get yourself a can of cream of mushroom soup, and the possibilities are endless. ;D

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together for ever and ever." Dylan Thomas

"I am still learning."  Michelangelo

• this is dedicated to the one i love
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 08:58:06 PM »
chips and beans!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 09:55:12 PM »
chips and beans!

OMG - when I first started my job, I used to go to the cafe down the street and get chips and beans every day.  It was cheap and filling and tasted SO good!

When I worked on a hospital switchboard in the States, I used to have the cafeteria people rolling their eyes because I would get mash on my plate and then put a ladle-ful of chili right on it and then mix it together.  Looked like dog food - but tasted fab.  And was extremely filling!  ;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2004, 02:28:23 PM »
Cheese and spinach toasted sandwiches are YUM and healthy too!

• Liked: 0
;)Re: What is your best tip?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2004, 12:29:45 PM »
Thanks for all these great ideas! I will put many of them on the site in the next few months (will contact each of you to get permission, where applicable). And please, keep them coming!  ;)

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2004, 12:41:53 PM »
BISQUICK-Only it's in slightly smaller boxes, they charge you more for it, and it doesn't have a recipe for biscuits on it.  :)

*slight hijack* Oh...I just bought some yesterday and they have changed the packaging a bit........so had to 'look' for it. The Bisquick symbol isn't as big- now the Betty Crocker logo is the dominating feature. *end*

« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 12:44:12 PM by GrnEyesnUK »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab