Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: bullies and my yankee offspring ....  (Read 4673 times)

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
Re: bullies and my yankee offspring ....
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2002, 09:59:49 PM »
....and my mother in law wonders why I refuse to have children in this country?  :O

ah well. I agree tho that you showed remarkable restraint.  I'd of done the traditional Southern, grab 'em by the ears and shout the house down...then when their parents show up...shout them down too.  ;D  But then I'm large and loud.  ;)

<hugs to ya>

good luck!

wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2002, 02:11:56 AM »
Hi Crystal,

I'm really sorry to hear your bad news! :-[

Our School's counselor sent home a newsletter about bullying today and she recommended a few sites (I haven't seen them yet, just finished reading the newsletter):

www.bullying.org
www.stopbullyingnow.com
www.stopbullyingme.ab.ca
www.kidsacpe.org.uk/kidscape/
www.nope.org/10adu3.htm

Best of Luck to you!!
Gina

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2003, 05:13:24 PM »
I hate to admit it but I *did* threaten a 9 year old once. My son was only 5 and the 9 year old punched him in the face. And of course this was one of those kids who was always causing problems and whose mother didn't seem to care. So I cornered the little so and so, got right in his face, and said something along the lines of "If you ever touch my son again or so much as look like you're going to touch him you'll have ME to deal with and I'm a whole lot bigger and a whole lot meaner."  

Out of curiousity, it has been a few months since the last post here, Melissa, did the bullying of your 5 year old stop after this? If it did, than you did the right thing!

And fiestylilredhead, how is it going now with the bullies of your son?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Edmund Burke
www.lostinsweden.com

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2003, 11:35:11 PM »
Sorry I only just came across this now. First let me tell you that things are not worse here than in the States. You may just have encountered a bad bunch in a problemed school, but I was a victim of bullying as a kid in the States and let me tell you it was hell until my mother got fed up and took matters into her own hands. Now I'm not suggesting anyone needs to follow this example but for what it's worth this is what she did:

First she told me that the next time the bullying started up I was to find the largest stick, rock, lunchbox whatever, and hit the little bastard up the side of the head as hard as I could. In other words fight dirty. Obviously I would be in trouble for doing such a thing but as we had been to the Principal’s office so many times as the victim, the bully's actions towards me were well documented. Being a passive child I couldn't bring myself to do this, but I felt empowered knowing I could let rip. Strangely this helped as the way I carried myself changed.

Second - my mother waited for the kid one day and cornered him. Very quickly but very strongly she told him that if he ever came near me again she would beat the life out of him. She let him know that he had pushed her to this point and she had nothing to loose. She also told him that if anyone else ever came near me she come after him.

I don't know if my mother would have actually carried any of these threats out, but she made sure he believed she would. I was never bothered again and the coward never mentioned it to anyone.

My son got some heat from kids when he first started in school here but he always hid behind the fact that his mother is Dutch. Kids didn't care and still gave him hell for his accent. Eventually I had a 10 year old and his father making fun of me and my son one day after school. I stood there smiling at him. The other parents were horrified. The idiot finally asked me what part of "America" I was from. I walked right up to him and got into his face and with crazy eyes told him I was from New York where we knew how to make f***ers like him disappear. My bluff worked as he backed down and said he was only joking. I told him I wasn't. My son never heard from that kid again.

Sometimes it's not about the power you have but about the power others perceive you to have. You can't allow your son to be a victim and I'm advocating he become violent himself. Perhaps the little bastards just need to know that his Mom is completely crazy
;)

• Liked: 24
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2003, 11:41:36 PM »
rofl

Thanks Kirk, I needed a laugh after my day. That was a classic.  ;D

thanks for the input as well. :)

• From Texas to North Yorkshire
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2003, 01:40:25 PM »
Seems like very little has changed since I was a schoolgirl in Texas.

In 1987, I was in sixth grade.  I was sexually assaulted on the school bus because I was an early bloomer.  The principal's initial reaction to the incident was that "boys will be boys."  My mother wasn't satisfied and called the POLICE, who interrogated the boys at the school and got them to admit to what they did.  They were too young to arrest, so they basically got off scot-free.  They were banned from riding the school bus for the rest of the school year...all 2 weeks of it.

The guys told everyone in the class that I made the whole thing up and I was teased about it for the next four years by my classmates.  If the incident taught me anything, it was to not bother telling anyone about the bullying I endured because nothing happens to the perpetrators.

I tell you what, though; I'm not a parent, but if I ever have kids and someone does THAT to them, I can't be held responsible for my actions.
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated. -- Ulysses S. Grant

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2003, 04:47:35 PM »
I feel for you Stacey.  I wasn't assaulted but was sexually harassed by a boy who was a grade lower than I.  It started in 8th grade when he was in 7th grade.  He used to follow me when I walked home and would try to grab my behind.  Fortunately when i moved up to high school I had a gap year where I didn't see him, but then I ended up having him in a class and he eventually moved in to a house down the street from me and took a paper route delivering newspapers in my neighbourhood, including my house.  I was terrified of this boy and I never told anyone about it either because I knew no one would believe me and/or nothing would happen to him.  

The final incident I had with him was when he decided he was going to pay a visit to my house one night and I just so happened to be home alone.  Fortunately, we had a german shepherd who barked very loudly when he knocked, and also my neighbour was outside and scared him off.  My neighbour called me after to tell me about it and told me to call him if I had any trouble.  Needless to say I was totally scared shitless and all I could do was curl up in bed and pray my mother would come home.  :(  

Fortunately, he began leaving me alone after that, but it took me years to get over my fears.  I used to have nightmares about this kid.  

• From Texas to North Yorkshire
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2003, 02:42:03 AM »
I feel for you Stacey.  I wasn't assaulted but was sexually harassed by a boy who was a grade lower than I.  It started in 8th grade when he was in 7th grade.  He used to follow me when I walked home and would try to grab my behind.  Fortunately when i moved up to high school I had a gap year where I didn't see him, but then I ended up having him in a class and he eventually moved in to a house down the street from me and took a paper route delivering newspapers in my neighbourhood, including my house.  I was terrified of this boy and I never told anyone about it either because I knew no one would believe me and/or nothing would happen to him.  

The final incident I had with him was when he decided he was going to pay a visit to my house one night and I just so happened to be home alone.  Fortunately, we had a german shepherd who barked very loudly when he knocked, and also my neighbour was outside and scared him off.  My neighbour called me after to tell me about it and told me to call him if I had any trouble.  Needless to say I was totally scared shitless and all I could do was curl up in bed and pray my mother would come home.  :(  

Fortunately, he began leaving me alone after that, but it took me years to get over my fears.  I used to have nightmares about this kid.  

It's awful, isn't it.  

I didn't mean to hijack the thread; I guess what I was trying to say is that you don't have to be foreign to be bullied...mercilessly...to the point that it affects you profoundly and negatively for the rest of your life.  Bravo to the parents who won't put up with it; I only wish my own mother had been tougher.  :'(
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated. -- Ulysses S. Grant

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2003, 07:40:34 AM »
Aww..I'm sorry that those things happened to you guys. {{{hugs}}} for both of you Stacey and Elle.

Bravo to the parents who won't put up with it; I only wish my own mother had been tougher.  

I wasn't bullied by other kids luckily. The only thing I wish is my mom would have stood up to the teachers who were bullies. :-/

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2003, 12:43:57 PM »
[smiley=devilish.gif]

Suprisingly enough...when the bullies went to my house to start some sh*t after school...they were for some reason unwilling to continue when I stepped out on the porch with a shotgun and gave them to the count of 10 to get the hell off my property.  

;D
wench
violence is the answer!
(lol)
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab