Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anya Seton  (Read 2350 times)

Anya Seton
« on: February 28, 2004, 05:42:26 PM »

I know a couple people has talked about her here.I didnt even realize that I had a book by her :o LOL.As I said in another thread this morning that Iam reading Avalon,wonderful book.

We went to the library this morning looking for some more of her work along with Sharon Kay Penman(I bought a used copy of "Here Be Dragons",ta to Miss Cait :P.No luck with Penman :(  but I was able to get "Devil Water","Katherine" and "Green Darkness" by Seton.

Whoo hoo a very happy camper.Anyone read any of these books,including Avalon?

Re: Anya Seton
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 06:08:40 PM »
Wow!!

I have a copy of Katherine (that I haven't had time to read yet) that I paid like $15 for on Ebay!!

Anya Seton's books are out of print, and pricey used, so if you managed to find a few in the library that's great, as our library doesn't have any.

I will be reading Katherine soon, though, as I'm almost finished with my 13th century project and am thinking of moving on to the War of the Roses...maybe even good King Richard?   ;)

Hey, anywhere we can get the message out, right ladies?

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 07:09:05 PM »
 Boo Staci,if those three books belonged to me,I sure save them for you hon!

They do have used books of Avalon over at Amazon,starting at $1.48 .I have bought used books from them before,and have been happy with them.Can you believe I paid a one pound and 50 pence at a used bookstore in Chard,Somerset!I know that I was lucky to find it.  (sorry just $ on my keyboard)

We could share thoughts about Katherine.That one I probably will read next.

"The War Of The Roses" are you talking about the one by Alison Weir?I have her "Mary,Queen Of Scots and The Murder Of Lord Darnley" waiting to be read,LOL

• Banned

• English, living in Lewes, East Sussex
    • Pagination Associates
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 07:36:04 PM »
*Good* King Richard, SAF  ??? ?  Now, which one would he be?  ;) ;) ;)!
Deo gratias Anglia redde pro victoria

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 11:05:20 PM »
My MIL loaned Katherine to me the other day, since I loved The Winthrop Woman so much - - I need to get on the ball if I'm gonna read it pre-baby!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 01:20:47 AM »
My MIL loaned Katherine to me the other day, since I loved The Winthrop Woman so much - - I need to get on the ball if I'm gonna read it pre-baby!

Yes you do Mom  ;) As I said Katherine is next for me as well.

I just love Avalon,but I have been working up to a cry reading it.Today I made it  :'( almost at the end,and I know Iam not done boo hooing either! ;)

Sponsored Links