Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Welcome to our new Board! A place for tips, suggestions, and how-to's!  (Read 12467 times)

Have you ever read a post about someone missing something or not understanding how something works and thought that you'd like to answer them, but didn't want to seem negative.  Do you think that you've got a great way of doing something, or have you figured out some great substitutions and would like to share them?  Then this is the board for you!

This is a board, not for asking questions, but for posting about what you know.  Please feel free to start topics on any aspect of expat life that you feel you can offer advise or information about!

It's time to use the fantastic resource we have on UKY!  And by that I mean all you fantastic members who are bursting with helpful information.  We have loads of people here who are a wealth of information on all things ex-pat.  There's Stacey and her fantastic networking/making friends skills, Anne and her knowledge of food and wine, Alicia and her huge involvement with her local community,  Q-G who can source just about anything, Carolynb and knowledge of getting off your tukis and going for a ramble, Cait and her killer margaritas from scratch and VNP and many others who know how to cook wonderful food using UK products and substitutions.  I could go on and on!

This board is not for asking questions, but is for posting about what you know.  Please feel free to start topics on any aspect of expat life.  And  please let's try very hard to keep negativeness out here.  :)

So I challenge all of you, think of something you know and share it with the rest of us! it can be anything, from how to get around, book the theatre, make macaroni and cheese from scratch, which shops to buy what in.  The possibilities are endless!

Thank you and now get posting!

Just wanted to say I think this is a great idea! Thanks for adding this new board!

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Thanks Mindy - I think you should move your 'How to Take the Bus' thread over here.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

Thanks Mindy - I think you should move your 'How to Take the Bus' thread over here.

absolutely!!    Thanks Mindy... this is great!   :)

Yeah Mindy!  This is great! ;D

Would it be possible to have some kind of suggestion thread? That way in case some of our expat experts don't think of a topic, newbies can step in and say "hey, can someone maybe write a how-to on such and such?" I think that would be a good way to inspire everyone on ideas.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
You rock, Mindy!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 0
Great idea!  I'm looking forward to seeing what gets posted. :) 

Would it be possible to have some kind of suggestion thread? That way in case some of our expat experts don't think of a topic, newbies can step in and say "hey, can someone maybe write a how-to on such and such?" I think that would be a good way to inspire everyone on ideas.

Ooh, I like this idea, too!

Ooh, I like this idea, too!

Mindy is so awesome! She already made a suggestion area. Yay! I'm excited!

As an added incentive, Leah has very kindly donated two DVD's-Charlotte's Web 2 (PAL), and Casper (NTSC, region 1) to be given away in a draw.  Anyone who starts an appropriate topic in this board during May 2007 will be entered.  :)

I think this section is a fab idea!!  Well done you!

This is a great idea! Thanks!  ;D

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
As an added incentive, Leah has very kindly donated two DVD's-Charlotte's Web 2 (PAL), and Casper (NTSC, region 1) to be given away in a draw.  Anyone who starts an appropriate topic in this board during May 2007 will be entered.  :)

Great idea & many thanks to Leah's kind generosity as well.  You can take my name out of the draw -- I'd rather those with kiddies have a chance at the DVDs. :)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

Great idea & many thanks to Leah's kind generosity as well.  You can take my name out of the draw -- I'd rather those with kiddies have a chance at the DVDs. :)

Same. You can take my name out of the draw as well.

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
Yes take my name out as well......I don't need anymore cartoons...and would rather someone with little kiddies get it! ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab