Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PA to London & looking for friends!  (Read 773 times)

• Liked: 0
PA to London & looking for friends!
« on: March 25, 2004, 01:00:12 PM »
I've just joined and my name is Lisa. I'm 23 and moved to London to be with my husband (who's from here) a year ago. I am originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which I see some others here share with me, and I'd love to talk to you!

I'd also really like to talk to anyone else who's had trouble meeting people since moving over. It would be so great to talk to any other married girls who are in need of female friends!

Feel free to drop me a line and I look forward to getting to know lots of you.  

All the best,
Lisa

• this is dedicated to the one i love
Re: PA to London & looking for friends!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 01:56:35 PM »
Hi Lisa!  Welcome and Im very glad to see your post!
I am 22, moving to North London on 30 March (time is flying past!), and will be married a month after I arrive.
I will definatly be looking for some female friends in London.
I am from Maine, but currently staying in Florida and have visited Philadelphia many times as I have some family living in South Philly.
We should be in touch.
take care,
ariel

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 02:46:14 PM »
 Hiya Lisa and welcome to UKY.We have lots of peeps living in London on here ;D I lived in London the last time that I was in the UK,but this time we will be in the NE.

Thank you for offering kindness to  people that are a bit blue and missing their family and home.It really does help alot ,and you will find that we are like a family here :)

Rhia

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 02:55:24 PM »
Hi Lisa!  Welcome to UKY!!

You've definitely come to the right place...there are lots of us in and around London.  I for one have had a lot of trouble making friends, too.  I've been here three years now, and have finally, finally started to feel like I am making some headway...so it takes time!  :)

Tell us more about yourself!  Are you working?  Do you have children?  Are you planning on being in the UK or London for awhile?  What do you like to do in your free time?  We wanna know *everything*.   ;D

Keep an eye on the events board here at UKY.  We often have meetups that are put up there.  But aside from those, lots of us meet up for coffee/lunch/whinging/shopping/etc at regular intervals so if you're up for getting together sometime, let us know!

It's great to have you here and hope to see more of you soon!  :)

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 03:04:16 PM »
Hi Lisa and welcome aboard!  I think everyone has pretty much expressed all that I would express so just wanted to add my warmest welcomes to you!

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Philly to Poole
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 05:36:47 PM »
Hello Lisa- Welcome! From which part of Philly do you hail?  I was there last week and watched the Vet come down...on TV, not in person.  Nancy

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 06:07:50 PM »
Hi Lisa,

I'm not in the UK yet, but just wanted to say hi and welcome to a fellow Philadelphian!

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 08:40:34 PM »
Welcome Lisa! Glad you found your way to this forum! With all these Philadelphians in the UK, one would start to think Philly's a bad place to live!  ;)

I'm not in London either but you'll have no trouble finding friends near you now that you're here!

Nancy, the Vet came down already! Guess it was about time.  :-/

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 07:16:33 PM »
Hi Lisa! I know that I am a little late - but WELCOME!!!  ;D
Melissa

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 07:51:14 PM »
Welcome Lisa, great to meet you.  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Hi there.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 08:45:34 PM »
Hey Lisa.  I'm pretty much in the same situation.  I moved over about 8 months ago to be with my husband (who's British).  I've had a really hard time meeting anyone else and making new friends.  I would love to talk to someone who can relate to what its like being over here.    
Hope to hear from you!!
Jen

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 11:15:49 PM »
Hello Lisa!

Apologies for my late response--I just got to this thread today.  Anyway, welcome. :)  As you can see from my info, I currently live in Pottstown, PA.  My husband, John, and I, along with our 14-month old son Jackson, plan to move to the U.K. in approx. 2-3 years, after I finish my nursing degree.   So you'll have to clue me in on how to adjust over there--I'm a bit jealous you beat me!  :P  Hope to see you a lot on these boards, and good luck to you with your new life.

Rebekah
Humans are not so much rational beings, as they are rationalizing.

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 04:31:56 PM »
Hey Lisa - I'm originally from Wilkes-Barre, Pa...I'll be heading to London in August so I can't wait to hear about your experience.  Did you fly out of Philly?  How'd that go? (my dad is going to drive me to either Philly or Newark as I'm moving home for the summer)  I'm a bit older & not married, but would still like to hear how your experience in London went...and what area you chose to live in.  Good luck!

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 08:36:45 PM »
I'm originally from Wilkes-Barre, Pa...

My mother's grandparents settled in Wilkes-Barre from Russia and I still have family there and in Plains! Small world.  :D

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 10:48:17 PM »
That is a small world..I spent much time in Plains as my best friend is from there!

Sponsored Links