Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Nursemeh, and any other R.G.N.'s  (Read 1303 times)

• Liked: 0
Nursemeh, and any other R.G.N.'s
« on: March 29, 2004, 09:04:03 AM »
Hi Nursemeh,

I've been reviewing the coursework I'll need to get my R.N. over here, and I was hoping you could clue me in on how nurses from here are received in the U.K.? I'm sure you remember that we have both an Associate's degree (2 years)R.N. and a Bachelor's degree (4 years) R.N.  There is not much difference in pay, really, in fact around here, most R.N.'s start out at $46K their first year, regardless of degree, as long as it is a college degree, and not a diploma program.  The difference in the Associate's and Bachelor's degree becomes apparent when applying for supervisory roles or teaching positions.  The hospitals prefer the 4-year degree, of course, when hiring for these spots.  

But how does it work in the U.K.?  From what I've read, most degreed nurses begin at something called a level "D?" I know that's for the 4-year degree.  What if I am unable to finish my bachelor's over here, before we move to the U.K.? What would be my prospects of continuing my education over there?  I think there would be quite a cut in pay involved, even if I could secure a position while finishing my degree.  And oh yeah--sorry, so many questions here  :P--what is the equivalent in the U.K. to a Nurse Practioner over here?   Being that a Nurse Practitioner has a Master's degree on top of the bachelor's?

I appreciate any advice or wisdom you could pass my way, as this whole process is very confusing!

Thanks--

Rebekah
Humans are not so much rational beings, as they are rationalizing.

Sponsored Links