Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Job Hunting In The Uk  (Read 2695 times)

• Liked: 0
Job Hunting In The Uk
« on: September 29, 2002, 05:59:45 PM »
I'm sure this question has been asked dozens of times & if so I'm sorry to be asking again, but I'm so curious. What is the job situation like in the UK? Has anyone found it difficult to get a position after relocating to England? What little I have heard so far didn't sound too positive, so I would love to  hear other's experiences with job hunting in the UK.
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

• Liked: 1
Re: Job Hunting In The Uk
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 10:47:53 PM »
it is really dependant on where you are staying and what type of job you are looking for.  If you live somewhere large like London or Glasgow, you should have too much trouble.  I didn't have any trouble getting work, but I was doing secretarial/clerical type stuff.  Now that I have moved to Lincolnshire the job market is quite bad.  I am only working part time at the moment, which we can't really afford, but is better than not working at all.  I have a job I really enjoy, but the downside is that it doesn't pay too much.

Let us know what type of work you are looking for and where you plan on staying and you might get more of a response.
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

Sponsored Links