Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A website I love about multicultural parenting...  (Read 837 times)

A website I love about multicultural parenting...
« on: April 09, 2004, 06:47:29 AM »
This website was created by a woman I know named Darshani, she is married to an Indian man and Hindu. This website covers topics like: cloth diapering (nappies), vegetarian diets for kids and it is very facinating.

I thought you guys might enjoy it...

She also just had another little girl named Nitara Shivagami :D

http://www.darshani.com/

• Liked: 2
Re: A website I love about multicultural parenting...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 04:39:18 PM »
The bit about vegetarianism is interesting. I am vege and Stu is a confirmed carnivore, we will let our little one make up his/her own mind but I don't think I'll be feeding him/her any meat in the early days of eating solids anyway. I was worried when I first found out I was preggy that our doctor was going to say I have to eat meat (which happened to a friend of mine a few years ago) but luckily he just said to make sure I get all the food groups and that they would keep an eye on my protein and iron levels. No problems so far. I only found out since I became pregnant that dried apricots and peaches contain way more iron that red meat, can't believe I didn't know that! Anyway I love eating them so that's a good thing, and I'm sure they have just has much iron in htme if they're chocolate dipped ...

How are other vege parents/parents to be approaching the meat eating issue with their kids?

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
Re: A website I love about multicultural parenting...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 04:06:46 AM »
Very nice website!  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab