Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HI :)  (Read 1293 times)

HI :)
« on: November 23, 2002, 12:44:23 AM »
Hello all, greetings from Los Angeles. My name is Danielle. I'm sort of a UK Yankee. I've been dating someone from the UK for 3 years almost and I'm planning on moving there in the next 2-3 years.

Just getting a jump start. :) So glad to have found this board. :)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Re: HI :)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 04:15:42 PM »
Welcome to the board, Danielle!

You couldn't have found a better place to hang out or better people to hang with.

And you'll be happy to know that you're not the only one from the west coast. We have a few from Cali, I myself am from Arizona, so in a few years when you're here and complaining about the weather, we'll totally understand!  ;D

Enjoy yourself here and again, Welcome!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 08:52:23 PM »
hey danielle ...welcome to UKY.....this is def a great place to get you started.  so where in the uk are u hoping to move?  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 09:08:41 AM »
hey ash...

Nice to be here. You know the funny thing is...I went to UK last Christmas and it was sunny the whole 15 days i was there :) So, all I have are nice weather memories.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2002, 04:00:29 PM »
Welcome Danielle!  This is a great place to get useful information especially because most of the people on this site are Americans living in the UK now.  They are doing what we plan to do in the near future!  And, I agree with the weather memories.  3 years ago I was there for a month at Christmas time and all I can remember is the sun.  The last two times I visited, there were gloomy days, but I remember sun too!  

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2003, 12:19:48 PM »
Hello.. just found this site for the first time :)  I am not living in England, but have been in a relationship for 3 years with an Irish man living in England.  I'm in England at the moment (my 3rd visit here) and plan to stay for upwards of 4 months.  Anyway.. I've been reading through posts and this one stuck out in particular because there is a response from Ashley, who lives in Arizona.  I too am originally from Arizona.  Well.. Phoenix more specifically.  It's nice to read through these posts and stories and see that other people find themselves in similar situations and have similar stories, experiences, annoyances, and joys :)  

Well.. just thought I'd say hello while browsing! :)
:D

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2003, 05:31:38 PM »
Welcome to the site Danidean and Terinth!  We're glad to have you.

Last December was a strange month, Danidean....it was the sunniest December on record since 1909!  THis year has been a bit different tho....as of mid-December when this article I read in the Metro came out, we had only had 18 hours of sunshing all month!  That's one hour 11 minutes a day....not much, I can tell ya.  And that's in London...I'm sure the north was even worse.

Anyway....not to scare you off!  Welcome!  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 02:19:25 PM »
But it's sunny now (cold though).  We even had snow last week.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab