Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Disablility Thread on main page  (Read 1711 times)

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
  • Liked: 0
Disablility Thread on main page
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »
I do not know who to ask so am putting this here in the hope that the right person will look at it.

But could there be a thread added to the main page for anyone in the same situation as I am with regards to disability info and immigration?

It would be really nice and we would be able to put info we have on this thread things we have found out about and places and things you are entitled to when you come over to live ect.

Thankyou

and kind regards

Indy
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

• Liked: 24
Re: Disablility Thread on main page
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:20:48 PM »
It's a great idea, thank you. No one needs to ask what can be added to the main website, it's done in wiki format and therefore many members can edit it themselves. ;)

http://www.uk-yankee.com/wiki-manual/doku.php/family/healthcare#disabilities

If you can see edit buttons, you can edit the page content. If you don't see the buttons and would like to help update or add pages, please ask and I'll sort it so you can. :)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »
I like the idea of a whole section dealing with not just immigration issues for the disabled, but issues of how to get around, etc., and deal with various problems (like the trains and buses, etc!).

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »
I think this is a great idea.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »
Thank you for your support it would be great, the stress is so much more when you have an added element and I know I have talked to people who believe they really can not have what we have because they have a disability, but also we have found that we have been unable to go far ie a holiday as finding places that have a hoist, level access into the buildings ect or shower chairs with wheels and the like, we have had so many times when we have gone somewhere and someone has said 'oh yes its accessable and there are great big steps'.

Thankyou to everyone.

Indy and his wife  :)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 01:06:59 PM »
I think there is lots of scope for a section for people with disabilities and that this is a really good idea.

However, I would hesitate at splintering off a section of the immigration boards, as there are few issues which would refer only to those with disabilities.  Although the whole KOL test was very specific to you and others with similar disabilities, other issues which would / may effect people with disabilities would also be applicable to others, for example, sponsorship of applications for someone on disability benefit would be relevant to anyone relying solely on any kind of benefit.

Vicky

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
Yes to some degree I would say yes however there are some very relevant issues that when you are disabled may apply to all but there are some extra things to be aware of or extra support help advice and info that can make life a lot easier, and it does somewhat get lost along the way, having this means that anyone with specific questions that apply to them their disability ect have somewhere to look.

Of course there are lots of wonderful helpful people on this board who have alot that can be input into this part of the site also, when they are going on holiday they can take pics of places they find and how accessable they are ect.

It also makes people more aware which is also important not just people with a disability but for those without.

Having somewhere with information accross the board for any one who is disabled easy access, sometimes having to look through page after page can be a nightmare when you can not easily access the computor having in one place specifically will make all of the difference and people also have the option of looking on other threads also.

Thanks for your input Vicky, but I think there is such a lot of scope to expand on this, both in what someone is entitled to things that they can get in the first 2 years that are not benifits to what they can not get until they get their ILR, to how to get the ball rolling when they get here, that in itself is a hard task if you have no idea were to start, I was fortunate as Sonya has a wealth of knowledge in this area and new were to start and who to talk to, how to get over hurdels and believe me it is not easy when people in these departments have no clue if your entitled, even though you are.

There are so many things this thread can offer to many people.

and again thanks for the support and encouragement.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »
Help did the link attached and put all info in what happens next, I have no idea were the info I put in has gone to errrrrrrrr.

Anyone on this link have a clue, we don't.

Indy and Sonya

• Liked: 24
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »
Hi, you've left a comment on that page, it's there at the bottom of it.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »
Hi how does it work sorry, How do you get into it again and were does it disaplay sorry not very up on this stuff.

thanks

Indy

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab