Sponsored Links

Poll

are we crazy?

yes
5 (71.4%)
no
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Topic: Re: anyone THINK our spouse visa application plan is realistic?  (Read 2261 times)

• all married n' stuff
  • Liked: 0
Re: anyone THINK our spouse visa application plan is realistic?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »
Nothing more to add here, but I just wanted to say good luck to you both!!!  You have been working so hard!
If you can't say something nice, say something constructive.  If you can't say something nice or constructive, go away.

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 04:24:10 AM »
thank you!
we have indeed been working very hard,its so crazy to be coming to this point after 11 months of waiting,thinking and talking!!!
i feel something like a weird pre-visa application buzz.... and thank you to everyone on uk-yankee for everything!im sure we would have done it all wrong by now without you guys!
A pleasant deportation to citizenship!

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 05:20:25 AM »
I know I'm replying to an old post, but someone mentioned here that when applying for a spouse visa you need to prove that you have 92.80GBP left over a week after rent,bills,etc. Is that a standard amount? Or is it just dependent on your individual situation? It's still early days for me, won't be applying for a while, but the budget is the scariest part, given my current financial situation ;) Fiance makes 24,000GBP a year.

Re: Re: anyone THINK our spouse visa application plan is realistic?
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 06:05:47 AM »
Is that a standard amount?

Yes, it's standard.   It happens to be the amount of income support benefit that a couple would get if they qualified, so the government doesn't want immigrants trying to sustain themselves on less than that amount.  If your fiance makes £24K it shouldn't be too much of a problem to meet that unless you have a huge amount of debt...my DH only makes £17K, I pay a substantial amount in student loans every month, we have very little savings and we were approved! :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:08:23 AM by springhaze »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »
Beautiful. Thank you so much. I feel better with every post
 :)

Sponsored Links