Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for FLR when we get there  (Read 565 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for FLR when we get there
« on: March 06, 2008, 03:35:52 AM »
Well, now we have the visa it is correct that my husband can take the "Life in the UK Test" and apply for FLR without waiting two years? We have been married and living together for almost 7 and 1/2 years.

Thanks
Louise

Re: Applying for FLR when we get there
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:51:45 AM »
I think you mean ILR not FLR. And I think so, yes.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:09:56 PM »
Yes mort I meant ILR, oops.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »
So when can you apply for ILR, if you don't have to wait 2 years (or 28 days less than 2 years)?

Can you do it much sooner?

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »
So when can you apply for ILR, if you don't have to wait 2 years (or 28 days less than 2 years)?

Can you do it much sooner?

I'm not super solid on the rules, but I believe you can apply for the ILR as soon as you pass your KOL test if you've been married and living together for four years elsewhere.

To be sure, do a search for long term partner provision or ILE on this forum. There's lots of info.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »
That's right.

Though I think that you should have disclosed/proved this to the ECO when you applied.

Vicky

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 11:16:07 PM »
Though I think that you should have disclosed/proved this to the ECO when you applied.

So if the fact that you've been married and living outside of the UK for at least 4 years wasn't disclosed or proved in your spousal application, where does that leave you?

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 09:48:10 AM »
I would also like to know where that leaves you.  We didn't disclose that, but in my husband's letter of support, it did say we have been married living in the US for over 5 years.  What exactly would we have needed to disclose that they wouldn't have already seen in the dates and the letter?  This gets more and more complicated! 

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »
You can *try* to look on your entry clearance for a small blue (sometimes handwritten) endorsement that says "KOL" and a date with a line under it.  Near the left side.  That indicates that the applicant has cleared 282c. 

But simultaneously take note that the last time I saw such an endorsement was last year, and have NOT been following if they changed how they are doing things with endorsements.  They might simply be making an entry into PROVISO these days.

If 'yankeeangel' shows up today, you can ask her to look through last year's monthlies because I sent all mine to her a few months ago. 

I haven't been tracking this for a while because it comes up so infrequently.  After we got a resolution that that visitors could sit the KOL I was done with it.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »
k27davis - can I ask that this discussion be confined to one thread, as it is getting a bit confusing!

I'd suggest just continuing in the one you started.

Vicky

Sponsored Links