Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about extending FLR  (Read 569 times)

• Liked: 0
Questions about extending FLR
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »
Could someone please tell me what it takes to extend my FLR, such as when is the time limit, the cost, and where in Scotland do I need to go, or can I do this by post?

Re: Questions about extending FLR
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:52:46 PM »
Well, from what I've read I am assuming the deadline is the same as if I were applying for a ILR, which is a month before my FLR visa expires.

I really need help as to the cost and what form ect. that I need to fill out, and where to send it in Scotland, if anyone could be of some assistance I would be very grateful.

• Hi there.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
Have a look at this thread: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=43410.0
I think it'll have the information you need and the link to the form. The form and guidance notes will tell you about costs, where to send it, etc.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:11:08 PM »
Extending your FLR is done by completely exactly the same process you undertook to obtain your FLR in the first place - same form, same fee, same supporting documents.  The only difference is that if you obtained your spousal visa outside the UK, you don't have to leave the UK to submit a new application - you'll apply in person or by post to one of the four PEOs that deal with settlement applications - in Scotland, you can make an appointment at the PEO in Glasgow.  Make sure you use the new, revised application forms and guidance:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/flrm

All your questions should be answered in the official guidance. You simply need to post your application before the expiry date on your current visa - no need to apply a month in advance.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:31:20 AM »
Thank you very much for answering my questions brin and Meg.
Does any one know if I have to stay with an extended FLR for two more years as I have already been here for two years on a FLR visa or can I apply for an ILR before the end of the next two years.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:38:52 PM by Ven »

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:43:36 AM »
You can apply for ILR as soon as you qualify.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab