Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Paper coupons and food specials....  (Read 831 times)

• Liked: 1
Paper coupons and food specials....
« on: May 12, 2004, 06:35:39 PM »
Does England have coupons in the Sunday paper like we do here?  I actually love clipping them, it's almost calming for me.  Also do you get weekly sale circulars so you know what's on sale at the grocery store?

Thanks.   :)

Re: Paper coupons and food specials....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 07:06:53 PM »
oh man, looks like i'll have to relax in other ways.  thank goodness i'll have my hubby to be to do that for me.   [smiley=blush.gif]

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 09:14:32 PM »
Does England have coupons in the Sunday paper like we do here?  I actually love clipping them, it's almost calming for me.  Also do you get weekly sale circulars so you know what's on sale at the grocery store?

I loved that too!  I used to live in Boston (I saw you did too) and it was my Sunday activity! Once I moved to NYC I felt silly doing it, I guess because I never saw anyone else with them!  A faux pas I guess. 

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 09:42:30 PM »
hehe.  we bostonians like to keep track of our $$

i dunno...i feel like if i can get it on sale, it makes it that much tastier!  :)

i'll miss it. no wonder DF looked at me funny when i mentioned sundays in bed with the comics and clipping coupons. 

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 09:45:34 PM »
I really miss thous days!  Seeing what Star Market had on sale that week and cutting the coupons that went with the sale, like getting some stuff free!  Those were the days. 

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 09:46:41 PM »
ExACTLY stacey!  i love that........

wow, that will be a culture shock for me. 

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 09:48:55 PM »
Can you have someone send them to you!?  Just do it for the sake of it;)  I'll even join you sometime!

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 09:50:43 PM »
lol.  can you imagine?

david would think i'm mad!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Richard already know I am;)  He says he likes me like that!  Good thing too!

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 10:02:18 PM »
lol.  that's true!   ;D ;D

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 01:16:15 AM »
OH, the craziness of Bostonians!  LOL you two!  If you want, I'll save up my Sunday sections until I leave & bring 'em with me for the two of you!  LOL!

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 03:00:04 AM »
Bring them Bring them!  I'v resorted to cutting them for my parents having been living with them now almost three months.  I have to sneak them into my mom's list, she does not understand them either!  (NYers!!!!  and she is LI too!)

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 06:17:34 AM »
If you have a Somerfield supermarket near you, you will probably get their weekly flyer through the letterbox. 

• LA to London - Woo hoo!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 01:25:48 PM »
LOL!  It's not just Bostonians...this Californian looooves the Sunday coupons.  My husband thinks I'm insane, and refuses to go to the grocery store with me because I only let him buy things with coupons.  Like you guys, it was part of my Sunday morning routine and I found it very relaxing.  Hubby would look at the rest of the paper...I would look at the coupons!  You do get the rare one-off coupon, but when you actually try to use it, people look at you like you've handed them some strange alien artifact.  I got a coupon for a free jar of Doritos Salsa in a bag of Doritos once.  Tried to use the coupon and ended up with a good 20 minutes of cashiers huddling trying to figure out what to do!   :P

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 02:26:26 PM »
Like you guys, it was part of my Sunday morning routine and I found it very relaxing.  Hubby would look at the rest of the paper...I would look at the coupons!  You do get the rare one-off coupon, but when you actually try to use it, people look at you like you've handed them some strange alien artifact.  I got a coupon for a free jar of Doritos Salsa in a bag of Doritos once.  Tried to use the coupon and ended up with a good 20 minutes of cashiers huddling trying to figure out what to do!   :P

Hmmm, hope that wasn't a Co-op (where I work part/time)  :P...at least I have a coupon button- used almost exclusively for the Times, etc. newspapers.

I, too, used to use coupons and sales circulars as a form of relaxation. Chances are, half of the coupons might not ever get used (have to rationalize on some of them...have to rein in the impulse buying), but didn't stop me from enjoying sitting up in my bed on a sunday morning...drinking my coffee..and daydreaming and clipping away...I still do it when the B&Q flyers and DIY flyers come around here. I dream of how I want to change things  :D

Sher

Sponsored Links