Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi There  (Read 1388 times)

Hi There
« on: December 17, 2002, 11:10:46 PM »
Hi Folks,

My name's Vicki. I'm 23 years old and counting! Originally from Orlando, Florida (Don't mention Disney!!). I'm a qualified veterinary nurse and work at a small practice in Bradford, Yorkshire.

• Liked: 1
Re: Hi There
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 12:27:25 AM »
Hi Vicki!  Welcome to the site.  I have yet to make the move to England; however, I will be moving in early April 2003 with my English husband.  I am in Chicago right now.  This is a great site with great people....

So when did you move to the UK?  Did you move for love, work, etc.  Tell us more about yourself!

Welcome!!

Tracy

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 02:25:15 AM »
Hi Tracy,

I moved to the UK two years ago.

I used to work part time as a waitress in Orlando while studying. So I met a lot of foreign visitors. I just loved the British accents and England sounded so cool and completely different to what I was used to.

Anyway in 1998 I met my future husband, John! (Way too cute!). He was from Bradford, Yorkshire (north England). He was on holiday with friends and just happened to come into the restaurant I worked. 2 months later I went over to visit England for a vacation. I stayed 2 weeks and fell in love with both him and England!

We married one year later and the rest is history!

Vicki

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 09:30:04 AM »
Did you qualify for veterinary nursing here, or in the USA?  Its something i would like to do, but dont know where to start.

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 02:05:45 PM »
Hello vetgirl and welcome....

It is nice to meet you and also nice to see someone else that will be relatively closer to me when I move to Northumberland...  

My 3 week visit to england found the same results 2 years ago... except we are not married yet and I am still in the states...  but I am homesick for both my Tom and North England.

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 08:25:26 PM »
Welcome Vicki, nice to "meet" you. Did you bring pets with you when you moved? Just curious as I imagine you must be an animal lover. :)

t nurseRe: Hi There
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 12:51:03 AM »
Glad to meet you all.

Badger,
I qualified in the States but it's a similar process in the UK. Basically you apply to a veterinary practice as a student nurse (pretty low wages I'm afraid!) and then study to qualify as a V.N. (Veterinary Nurse). Alternatively you can do a pre-veterinary nurse course if you don't have any british school qualifications or U.S. equivalents. Click on the link below for details. This should help you a lot.

http://www.bvna.org.uk/courses.html

Leah,
I have 2 rabbits and 6 guinea pigs and I love them all to bits!
They were all stray animals found in the local area and handed in to our surgery. I just can't bear to see a small furry without a good home!

I had to leave 4 guinea pigs with my folks back home when I came over. :'( But they are well cared for.

Vicki

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2002, 09:58:00 AM »
Thanks for that Vicki.

(i love guinea pigs too!)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2002, 01:58:37 PM »
WELCOME Vicki.....sounds like you are settling into england quite nicely.  did u find it difficult in getting your job here?  how does your qualifications differ from this country to the US? again WELCOME TO UKY

keep on postin   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab