Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Re: Baby Names (was Apple?)  (Read 1774 times)

• Why a duck?
  • Liked: 0
Re: Baby Names (was Apple?)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »
One of my friends goes by her married name, Parker (hotel).  Then there's Macy (store) Gray.  Hester and Delancey (streets) sound good to me.  Lincoln (center) was popular during The Mod Squad years.

I'll stop now. :)
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 04:55:19 AM »
One of my friends goes by her married name, Parker (hotel).  Then there's Macy (store) Gray.  Hester and Delancey (streets) sound good to me.  Lincoln (center) was popular during The Mod Squad years.

I'll stop now. :)

You don't need to stop!  I will need help one day soon I hope ;D  I worked at Lincoln Center up until I moved to the UK.  I like the idea of a US President's names, like Kennedy or Harrison.  Richard laughed his butt off at my today when I mentioned this thread and told him about Trinity!  Even he said, "Come on Stacey, I'm a geek, all our friends will think it's for the Matrix!"  Oh well!  Delancey is cute, we need a D name for his Dad who passed away :\\\'( 
OK, now I will stop!

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 04:23:29 PM »
My son Miles has always hated his name (I obviously like it or I wouldn't have named him that ;)) and he asked me one day why I couldn't have given him a "normal" name like his friends have. Ok his friends are named Harrison, Lincoln, Grayson, Garson (to name just a few...you get the picture.) Since when are those normal names anyway?  ::) :P

I think I'll just tell him You know it could have been worse...I could have called you Apple. :P hehe

• Liked: 1
Re: Re: Baby Names (was Apple?)
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 04:28:24 PM »
David and i joke that we'll name a Daughter Logan and our Son Heath after the two airports we've spent SO much time in commuting to see one another over our relationship!

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 07:05:26 PM »
David and i joke that we'll name a Daughter Logan and our Son Heath after the two airports we've spent SO much time in commuting to see one another over our relationship!

LOL!!!!  That is Brilliant!  OOOHHH, so I could go with Kennedy!  Newark just does not cut it, though I think it's called Liberty now, and I would not hate that!!!!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 07:46:06 PM »
Try this site:

www.cool-baby-names.com

has loads of names from all over the world and you can even fill in a profile thing and pay them to suggest names for your baby based on various factors in your background.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 07:56:27 PM »
that's a really cool site!

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 11:46:24 PM »
Thanks Britwife; Ive book-marked the site. I'm all for unique names.  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009