Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Re: Baby Names (was Apple?)  (Read 1775 times)

Re: Baby Names (was Apple?)
« on: May 19, 2004, 03:15:36 PM »
I'm from NY and I think its great that one of the factors in the name meaning the worlds greatest city.

I'm with you, I actually walk around in lower Manhattan hoping to be inspired!  I'm adamant on naming my children with some sort of NYC flair.  My friend’s daughter already named her 6-year-old Madison so that is out!  So if anyone has any ideas, let me know;)  Just not Apple, sorry, I can't do it!  (This is for future children, none that are about to be born btw.)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Apple?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 03:22:45 PM »
You could still name your daughter Madison - as that's where G & C got the name Apple - they asked a friend if they could name their daughter the same as his...

A complete F for originality, folks.

Hee hee - just remembered that my cousin used to have a dog named Madison and then her aunt named her new baby Madison!  Can you imagine?  Having the same name as a dog in the family?!  (They all lived very close together.)

Honestly.  ::)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 04:25:21 PM »
Stacey, Its great to walk around NYC hearing people call out names (LOUDLY), isn't it?  ;) And what a great difference of names from the UES and then to the Village...  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 04:31:38 PM »
If you had a boy you could always name him after one of the Yankee heros.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 04:34:03 PM »
Stacey, Its great to walk around NYC hearing people call out names (LOUDLY), isn't it?  ;) And what a great difference of names from the UES and then to the Village...  :-*

LOL!!!!  I love NYC!!!!  Yes, well UES there is always 1st Avenue;)  (Sorry, I like to make myself laugh)

I've been told not to tell people what you want to name your kids before they are born because people are very judgmental (I can't imagine! ;))  I told a friend I love the name Trinity, not for the Matrix either (And I'm not Catholic, so it's odd I guess) and she went off on it.  Oh well, I guess she will not be hearing anymore ideas ever again!

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 05:49:03 PM »

I've been told not to tell people what you want to name your kids before they are born because people are very judgmental (I can't imagine! ;))  I told a friend I love the name Trinity, not for the Matrix either (And I'm not Catholic, so it's odd I guess) and she went off on it.  Oh well, I guess she will not be hearing anymore ideas ever again!

Oh yeah, never tell people what you want to name your kids. When I was ten I told my mom I wanted to name my girl Athena and my boy Atreyu. I'm still living it down.  :P
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 05:53:14 PM »

Oh yeah, never tell people what you want to name your kids. When I was ten I told my mom I wanted to name my girl Athena and my boy Atreyu. I'm still living it down.  :P

Yup, I recently mentioned Sophia and Mom made the most horrible face! Also used to like Leila but Mom was on a plane that was hi-jacked in 1969 by the PLO (yes, really!). The leader was a Palesltinian woman called Leila....... guess that nixed that.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 06:01:55 PM »
Apple...hmmmm...

I have to wonder what was at the core of G&C's decision to name their little dumpling...

Oh, but I can see her future...as she grows older, with such famous and beautiful parents...the tabloids will always be after some juicy gossip about her...everyone will want to know "Who's that be-cider?"  She'll be pressed by reporters and paparazzi...everyone will want a piece of that pie...though some will doubtless brand her as either a golden delicious girl...or simply a tart...

And in her later years, as the decades turnover...will she have mulled over the past...and wondered if her name added a dash of flavour to her life?  Or will she wish there had been more spice?

Will she wish she'd had a brother?  Someone to take the spotlight off her...For when he married and sired a child...that would have evened the score by making of old Gwynnie...a Granny Smith.    ;)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 06:06:19 PM »
ROFLMAO!

But methinks you have a bit too much time on your hands!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 07:00:33 PM »
If you had a boy you could always name him after one of the Yankee heros.

I was supposed to be Derek if I were a boy!  I always loved that name!!!  My dad loves Derek Jeter! 

Apple...hmmmm...

I have to wonder what was at the core of G&C's decision to name their little dumpling...

Oh, but I can see her future...as she grows older, with such famous and beautiful parents...the tabloids will always be after some juicy gossip about her...everyone will want to know "Who's that be-cider?"  She'll be pressed by reporters and paparazzi...everyone will want a piece of that pie...though some will doubtless brand her as either a golden delicious girl...or simply a tart...

And in her later years, as the decades turnover...will she have mulled over the past...and wondered if her name added a dash of flavour to her life?  Or will she wish there had been more spice?

Will she wish she'd had a brother?  Someone to take the spotlight off her...For when he married and sired a child...that would have evened the score by making of old Gwynnie...a Granny Smith.    ;)

LOL!!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 07:13:16 PM »
  When I seen  this story  today,it made me think of this topic ;D

Top Baby Names for 2003

• Top 100 baby names of 2003

• Looking for a name with a certain meaning?

Jacob and Emily were the most popular baby names in the United States for the third year in a row, according to the 2003 BabyCenter Baby Names List compiled by BabyCenter L.L.C., the leading online resource for new and expectant parents. However, there were major upheavals in the rankings below the number-one spots.

The use of classic feminine names like Emily, Abigail and Isabella increased significantly for girls, a move away from the TV-inspired names that have been popular since the mid-1990s, such as Alexis and Brianna. The boys' names list, which typically varies very little year to year, also saw unusual movement but in the opposite direction. Longtime classic boys' names such as Michael and Christopher are being edged out by newcomers such as Aidan, Ryan and Zachary.

The top 10 names of 2003

Girls' names

Emily
Emma
Madison
Hannah
Hailey
Sarah
Kaitlyn
Isabella
Olivia
Abigail

Boys' names

Jacob
Aidan
Ethan
Matthew
Nicholas
Joshua
Ryan
Michael
Zachary
Tyler

BabyCenter compiled its annual baby names list from more than 300,000 members who had babies in 2003, the largest private list available. The BabyCenter list is unique because names with the same pronunciation but different spellings are combined to give a more accurate view of name popularity.

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 07:16:53 PM »
Stacey... Derek Jeter  [smiley=blush.gif] Good lord, child...
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 07:21:49 PM »
Stacey... Derek Jeter  [smiley=blush.gif] Good lord, child...

Really, it's not because of him!  I swear!!!

Oh and Rhia, all the names I love are on that list!!!  I heard five mothers calling Emma the other day at the park!  That is like the only name Richard liked that I ever give him to think about.  Thanks to Friends, Emma is huge, I'm hoping Jack and Erika will pick up soon!  I can't name my kids either of those since it's my sisters name and fathers name!  So I am safe ;D

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 02:34:54 AM »
Oh and Rhia, all the names I love are on that list!!!  I heard five mothers calling Emma the other day at the park!  That is like the only name Richard liked that I ever give him to think about.  Thanks to Friends, Emma is huge, I'm hoping Jack and Erika will pick up soon!  I can't name my kids either of those since it's my sisters name and fathers name!  So I am safe

I like the name Emma as well :)

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 03:48:06 AM »
I'm not planning on having any little ones but I always thought Kersey, a family name, would be kinda cool even though it is unsual. 

Sponsored Links