Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Work permit entry clearance transferred at airport!  (Read 605 times)

• Liked: 4
Work permit entry clearance transferred at airport!
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:43 AM »
I am at Edinburgh airport and this morning when I was coming in from New York, the EO did something surprising.  My original entry clearance stamp with the photo is in my old passport in my maiden name. My new passport is in my married name and I always show both, and the EO stamps the new one and writes 'VIPP' for visa in previous passport. Today the EO was taking a while writing something and I wasn't sure why. Then the next thing I know, she hands my current passport back and says, "I've transferred your entry clearance into your passport for you." I was stunned - I didn't even know that was ever done! I was quite happy, of course. :)

• Liked: 0
Re: Work permit entry clearance transferred at airport!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »
I am at Edinburgh airport and this morning when I was coming in from New York, the EO did something surprising.  My original entry clearance stamp with the photo is in my old passport in my maiden name. My new passport is in my married name and I always show both, and the EO stamps the new one and writes 'VIPP' for visa in previous passport. Today the EO was taking a while writing something and I wasn't sure why. Then the next thing I know, she hands my current passport back and says, "I've transferred your entry clearance into your passport for you." I was stunned - I didn't even know that was ever done! I was quite happy, of course. :)

You mean the immigration officer actually put in a new EC sticker (the one that takes up the full page) in your passport w/the new details? That's pretty cool. How long was your wait...

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »
Not a sticker but a stamp that says I have leave to remain until the expiration date of the work permit. That's not the exact wording but that's the gist of it.

• Banned

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
Wow!  They used to do that back in the day but I didn't think they were allowed to anymore!

Vicky

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 847
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »
Wow, that's really neat.  Still think I'd carry both passports with me - I'm paranoid about getting back into my home  :-\\\\
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:38:59 PM »
Wow!  They used to do that back in the day but I didn't think they were allowed to anymore!

;D  Wonder if this was a good thing or a not-so-good thing done by the EO?  Anyway I never had anyone even hint they could do this, so I was totally shocked!

Oh yeah, I'm definitely carrying both passports with me at all times - you never know.  Anyway, I would be too scared I'd lose one of them.  They like to reside together in their passport holder.  :)

Sponsored Links