Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I just married my EEA National spouse here in the UK but confused about visas  (Read 1058 times)

• passing kidney stones of anxiety
  • Liked: 0
If anybody here has any experience or information, I would really appreciate it. I just got married and have been staying here on a fiance visa. I'm really confused about applying to reside here as an EU spouse. I thought the INF4 was what I was supposed to fill out but apparently it's the EEA2 form I am supposed to fill out?
I also need to know what the processing time is on this.
Thanks!
Susan
Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark.

has your spouse been living in the UK for 5 years or more?  If so, he would be a UK permanent resident and as such you would be able to use the EEA2 form (residence under EU law) or FLR(M) form (residence under UK law.)  There are differences between the two routes, so make sure you understand each one if you have to make that choice. 

If your husband has been living in the UK for less than 5 years, you have to use form EEA2 to get your residence card.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

He's been here less than 5 years. I understand this takes around 6 months to process!!! We were supposed to go back to the U.S. for our wedding reception in the states. I don't know what country I'm supposed to stay in now!  :-[

Ok so I'm reading that I can get it in the same day if I apply in person at the Croydon office -- the trick is getting an appointment, they say up to 2 months to get one! I still haven't figured out my whole status in between when my fiance visa expires (soon) and when I can get the residency -- and if until then I just have to show my marriage certificate at customs and immigration and tell them I have an appointment booked... argh it's all so confusing. :(

• Liked: 6
EEA2 appointments cannot be made in person unfortunately.

What EU country is your spouse from?

How long will you be in the US and will you be heading back there before your fiance visa expires?  You could always apply for an EEA family permit from the US while you are there and then apply for the residence card after you return, if the timing suits.
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

My fiance visa expires pretty soon. I guess what I don't know is whether or not I have the right to leave and return to the u.k. if I am unable to get my residency card before it expires. I will call them tomorrow. I was pretty confused today.  :-[

• Liked: 6
You do have the right to enter and leave the UK regardless of having the residence card.  Technically, getting the residence card is optional; however it really does make life easier when it comes to thing like proving right to work and right to reside in the UK.

If I remember correctly, you can send in the EEA2 application now, and state in a cover letter that you are keeping your passport due to travel and will submit it upon your return, and then re-enter the UK by showing your marriage certificate and letter that the residence card as been applied for. Also, it might be helpful to have proof of your spouse working/studying in the UK.  A copy printed out of the relevant EU regulations might be helpful to have on hand.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idischapter7/section3.pdf?view=Binary

Have a read through section 5.3. 
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab