Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Deferred application?  (Read 645 times)

• Liked: 0
Deferred application?
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »
I applied online September 21st for a spouse visa. I had my biometrics taken on September 23rd, and mailed my supporting documents to Expert Visa Services in Chicago that same day. They took it to the consulate September 25th, and on Friday were told to come back Monday.

I just got an email from the courier now that states this:

"The consulate has told our courier that they are deferring your application which you should get an email from them shortly.  An application that has been deferred means they have found something on the application that needs more clarification for the consulate and they need extra time to review the documents.  Once they have a response from their home office they can proceed with the visa.  This process can take up to 15 days.  We will check on it every day at the consulate."

For the life of me, I cannot imagine what could possibly need further clarification. This is what I sent for my supporting documents:

Tab 1
1.Complete printed application
2. Two passport photos of me attached
3.  Stamped Biometrics confirmation

Tab 2
1. My current US passport, my old passport with my UK/New Zealand stamps
2. Certified copy of Danny’s UK passport

Tab 3
Danny’s letter of support

Tab 4
Marriage Certificate

Tab 5-Proof of Dannys employment
1.Mortgage letter from employer British Airways proving his permanent employment position, and salary

Tab 6-Accommodation
1.   Letter from Elaine and Elwood G**** stating we can rent their flat
2.   Certified copy of title deed of flat from solicitor proving they own it outright

Tab 7-Finances
1. Proposed monthly Budget
2. Danny’s bank statements + April savings statement
3. My bank statements

Tab 8- Proof of relationship
1.Letters + cards from Danny
2.Letters + cards from me
3.List of emails sent  from Danny to my Tmail.com address
WCDI(phone card company I used to call Danny) phone card order history dating back from 2003
4.Photos

Tab 9-  My Enjoyability

1.High School Diploma
2.University Degree
3.Resume
4.Letters of references

I know I didn't provide any payslips, but the reason is because he works for BA, and they do paperless payslips, and if you want them you'd have to just print a copy from off the internet. Which I thought would look fake, so I just highlighted on his bank statements where every month BA put money into his bank account.

I know I'm probably and making a big deal out of nothing..but can anyone think of anything that could possibly be causing it to be deferred?  Has this happened to anyone else? Some "you're worrying over nothing!" would make me feel so good right about now..!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Deferred application?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:59:48 PM »
Lackof payslips.  You should have sent them really.  It will still probably only take around 20 days.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
The courier told me not to bother including them, and to just highlight the bank statements where BA put the money in on the last 6 months.

Oi.

I hope thats all it is, cos if so, I can have them sent over asap. I just wish if there was something lacking they could have called and asked me to send it. I guess bottom line, dont listen to a couriers advice.

Thanks for replying. I feel a little better now.

• Banned

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:15:05 PM »
A courier is a person who takes an application to be delivered...they have absolutely no knowledge of immigration law (other than by picking a little up here and there), no training, and no authority to advise.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:16 PM »
Vicky(or anyone really)

I still have yet to receive any email from the consulate stating my application has been deferred. You think it was deferred because of lack of pay slips..shouldn't they call me, or have me send the pay slips in so they can review them? I'm just really baffled that if something was missing from the application, they've not contacted me so I can supply it to them.  ???

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »
See this is why I just rather send my application via fedex or UPS. Not helping. sorry. But I'm sure things will be alright. Just e-mail them. I really can't see anything that needs more clarification...

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:01 PM »
I wish I would have as well. I wouldn't have known anything was up and I could have just sat here thinking everything was fine and the wait time would still be 20 days for straight forward applications.

I can't email the consulate though. There's no way to directly talk to them about it.

• My blog!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »
Generally no, and the e-mails tend to be inconsistant, sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.  Most likely if you did get through to them, they would simply ask you if you have waited your 20 days before they will even talk to you.

I am afraid that you, like lots of the rest of us, have no choice but to wait.  There have been very few instances of things getting lost in the States.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab