Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bank moving from monthly to quarterly statements  (Read 585 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Bank moving from monthly to quarterly statements
« on: October 02, 2008, 09:46:10 PM »
I just received a notice from HSBC that they will no longer be sending me monthly current account statements; they are changing to quarterly statements.

I assume that other banks will follow suit

This doesn't affect me as I already have ILR, but it my cause problems for people who are applying for visas or leave that require them to provide proof of funds, if the timing of the application means that they will miss the latest statement.

• Liked: 0
Re: Bank moving from monthly to quarterly statements
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:04:05 PM »
Is there no option to change it? My husbands Halifax statements were quarterly as well. But he just called them up and said he needed them sent monthly for our visa application, and they changed it for him. I wonder if they'll go back to quarterly now as well.

• Liked: 70
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 11:16:19 PM »
Lloyds had only ever done quarterly statements for us.  We were due a statement right after I was to post the ILR application.  I just went in person about 2 weeks ahead of time and asked them to send me one.  They didn't charge for the statement and I had no issues getting it on time.  With Lloyds you can also order the statement online, but I was too paranoid for that at the time!

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 04:44:54 PM »
My main bank, which my pay goes into, is Abbey. I applied for ILR in person, and my appointment date was just after the date that statements (monthlies) were sent out. I thought my statement might still be in the post by the time I was due to leave for my appointment, so I went to my branch and asked if I could come to the bank and get the statement in my hand as soon as it was issued, rather than have it sent to me in the post. I was told they could not provide a statement in the branch; that they would have to order a duplicate statement from the main office in Sheffield, and then have it sent to me in the post, which wouldn't have helped me.

So some banks make things more difficult than others.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab