Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: need your advice!  (Read 1777 times)

• Liked: 0
need your advice!
« on: January 03, 2003, 06:06:02 AM »
Hi,
I would like to migrate to the UK and have started an immigration-related research to assess my chances of getting a visa.  ???
It appears that my only chance to migrate to the UK would be through the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.
The most doubtful issue for me is that my job experience includes 2 kinds of experience: computer programming and teaching. I have a diploma in teaching English, an American technical degree and a soon-to-be-completed graduate degree in computer science. ;D

There are several issues in this regard that I am trying to clarify for myself:

For someone whose mother tongue is other than English, is it feasible to get a job in teaching? Or would it be more sensible to try to find something in software development instead?  Is it feasible for a programmer to find a job in the UK right now?  And what does getting a teaching job entail?  In the U.S., for instance, foreign-educated teachers need to prove their education before anything else, and the process can take a couple of years.  Does the same hold true for the UK?  

Is there an age limit for HSMs?  I haven't been able to find any precise information on that topic but have seen a mention of the age limit being from 18 to 35 years old.  I wonder if that is true.  Also, is it absolutely necessary to have a certain amount of assets to be able to get a visa?  

I am not sure if there is someone in this forum who had to find answers to similar questions but - perhaps, someone could share their experience, please?    :D
I would like to get realistic expectations before I proceed with the immigration process.

Thank you for any helpful information!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: need your advice!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 02:32:50 PM »
You might want to try the forum at www.come2uk.com.  They deal mostly with work-permit related visas and are incredibly knowledgeable about the ins and outs of them.

Good luck!!  
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 0
Re: need your advice!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 05:23:47 PM »
Thank you!
The site that you recommended has very useful information and links. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab