Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend  (Read 42582 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend
« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48:45 AM »
Ides of March.

« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »
Man on the Train.

The soundtrack gets you right away.  A brilliant guitar riff major - flat - minor - major - minor - major.  And they keep coming back to it as a leitmotif.  It's comingled with a piano melody by Shubert(?).  Now how did they do that? 

Donald Sutherland.  Probably lots of people are too young to remember his prime years, like the Dirty Dozen, but this fellow is a pro and he can ACT.  And he pulls it off brilliantly.  You can't go to a movie with Donald Sutherland and be disappointed.

The Man.  A cool guy along the lines of Snake Pliskin.  He doesn't have to act as long as he's cool.

The plot.  *VERY* improbable.  But who cares.

The theme.  Two losers, along the lines of Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf,  quite possibly queer, from different backgrounds and social standing.  Two losers get bonded.  Then, in their separate ways, they die.  It's inevitable but emotional nonetheless.

Net net.  The soundtrack and Sutherland's virtuoso performance pull it off.  And it's brilliant. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »
I saw Mirror Mirror last night I thought it was really good!! ;D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

• Liked: 0
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
Really loved the Norwegian film, Headhunters, which is on limited release at the moment. It's a great black comedy!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »
I saw Mirror Mirror last night I thought it was really good!! ;D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Ohh!! That's on my list of movies I want to see! I'm also dying to see 21 Jumpstreet and a few others that look a bit creepy!  :D Any recommendations? 
~Amberelle

• Liked: 2
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
Ohh!! That's on my list of movies I want to see! I'm also dying to see 21 Jumpstreet and a few others that look a bit creepy!  :D Any recommendations? 

I would love to see 21 Jumpstreet but it isn't on anywhere near me. I really want to see the 3 Stooges but Dh hasn't ever heard of them so it doesn't intrest him he wouldn't get the jokes either an its playing in the next maybe I can talk my sister into seeing it. ;)  ;D

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2012, 08:17:02 AM »
Really loved the Norwegian film, Headhunters, which is on limited release at the moment. It's a great black comedy!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Saw this last night based on your recommendation MLG. What an amazingly fun film! Really really enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up! :)
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

• Liked: 0
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »
Saw this last night based on your recommendation MLG. What an amazingly fun film! Really really enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Totally funny film - the outhouse scene was great!  ;D

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
Seriously!  ;D
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab