Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?!?!? Hormones Can Kiss It!  (Read 1389 times)

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?!?!? Hormones Can Kiss It!
« on: November 25, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »
So the time to leave for UK is getting closer and closer...

My mom calls me the other day and starts discussing "practical" Christmas gift ideas that can be used after we move to the UK (i.e., a webcam for my parents so they can talk to us online, a nice set of luggage for all our expected travelling, a portable DVD player for my daughter on the flights).  She's not happy about the move, but at least she is "discussing" it...accepting that it is inevitable.

My dad on the other hand...calls me the other day to give me the weekly guilt trip about how I'm "wrong" to be moving and taking my daughter away from my family...the healthcare is better in America...the education system is better...the opportunities for travel are just as abundant here as in the UK...etc, etc. *NOTE:  I don't agree with most of his statements...just explaining the type of comments made to me...continuously!*

ARG!  Will this ever end?  I can't wait to move just so I don't have to listen to the lectures anymore!

So in the midst of all this, I have loads of other majorly stressful things going on (not to mention my hormones in total disarray because of other things)...so I turn to hubby and start moaning at him about how he's such a horrible person for making me leave and move to the UK, ripping my daughter away from the only stability she's known since she was born because he's too selfish to make any sacrifices for us.  *NOTE:  none of which is true at all...just me being the emotional wreck that I've been for the past 2 weeks...and taking it all out on him.*  I guess it was just the weight of all the stress from the past few weeks and the current lecture trying to convince me not to move...but I sat there looking at the stack of documents to be sent off for my visa, thinking to myself "I can't do this.  I can't give up all my family to be with him.  I'm not strong enough."  I started to doubt that I wanted to live in the UK at all, and just started crying, feeling helpless and lost.  So I decided to go to bed.

Woke up this morning...felt ok...knew that last night was a fluke because I KNOW I want to move to the UK (and have wanted to for a long time...and me and hubby made the decision TOGETHER, after carefully weighing all the options).  Started to get excited about getting back to the UK and seeing old friends again.

Hormones suck!

• Liked: 0
Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?!?!? Hormones Can Kiss It!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:08:22 PM »
I think it's normal to go through that. I'm glad you're feeling better about it today!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?!?!? Hormones Can Kiss It!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »
I had one of those moments before I moved while looking through old photos, kind of a mini-panic attack about moving, but then I felt great, and going through that moment somehow made me feel more prepared for the move. 
My family was really supportive when I moved, now that I am here they like to make me feel guilty about being away!  Whatever.  It makes me even more glad to be far away from them!   
Don't let anyone else's frustration over your move stress you out, it sounds like you have already made up your mind. 

Sponsored Links