Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: question: unmarried documentation  (Read 1911 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: question: unmarried documentation
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
I don't want to walk into it by giving wrong info, but I believe if you apply as EEA national, you can get your passport back without having your application withdrawn.

Hopefully someone will chime in to confirm or deny.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• Liked: 31
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 01:26:05 PM »
She can have her passport back, or a certified copy can be made to submit with the application. With the EEA application, you are also allowed to request your passport back without the application being cancelled. European rules are way better than UK rules! Also, you don't need a passport to travel to NI, a driving license is sufficient.
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »
i really hope that is true mort! thanks!

but now i'm even more confused. because i just talked to my girlfriend and she's told me she's not an irish national. she says she's just a british national and she would have to apply for it as a visa.

but i read in the bottom of: http://www.medivisas.com/irish-nationals-eea.asp
that Northern Irish are UK nationals only, but, those born in Northern Ireland might be automatically entitled to Republic of Ireland citizenship on application.

does that mean my partner is a EEA national like Vicky said?

and does that mean we can make an EEA unmarried application without her having anything official saying that she is?

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 01:44:49 PM »
Was she born in NI?  If so, she can apply for an Irish passport.

Vicky

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
yes she was born in NI. she had an old irish passport but its expired.

• Banned

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »
Then why does she think she's not Irish?

:-\\\\

Vicky

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »
lol this stuff i too complicated for me ::)

she considers herself irish but just not an irish national by law. just UK national. she's completely certain that she not considered part of the EEA. i spoke to my friends mom who's a solicitor but not in immigration, thinks that she is an EEA. her friend the immigration solicitor says my partner is not. i don't try to ask the immigration solicitor too much because she's been wrong about things a couple of times.

the UK is a part of the EEA isn't it?

• Banned

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 04:25:59 PM »
I don't know how to put this more clearly.

If she has had an Irish passport int he past, then she is an Irish national.  That menas that you can use EU law in your application.

Vicky

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 04:43:13 PM »
lol this stuff i too complicated for me ::)

she considers herself irish but just not an irish national by law. just UK national. she's completely certain that she not considered part of the EEA. i spoke to my friends mom who's a solicitor but not in immigration, thinks that she is an EEA. her friend the immigration solicitor says my partner is not. i don't try to ask the immigration solicitor too much because she's been wrong about things a couple of times.

the UK is a part of the EEA isn't it?

Yes, the UK is part of the EEA, but you can't apply for as an EEA partner if she only a UK citizen or else all of us here would be doing it to save money. 

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
i get you. now it seems i've misunderstood my partner. she's never had an irish visa.  ::)
but thank you for all the advice on that though.

• Liked: 31
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 09:45:57 PM »
You mean passport? Anyway, if she was born in Northern Ireland, she is still a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, even if she doesn't think she is :P Here is the info from the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration service:

Q. I was born and am living in Northern Ireland. I hold a UK passport. Am I an Irish citizen?

A. If one of your parents was an Irish or British citizen then you have an entitlement of Irish citizenship. This is also the case if either of your parents , immediately preceding your birth, had reckonable residence in the island of Ireland of three years in the previous four years or if either of your parents was entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence AND was entitled to diplomatic immunity. You don’t have to obtain an Irish passport in order to be an Irish citizen (though having an Irish passport is of course a convenient way of showing that you are an Irish citizen). As far as Irish law is concerned, there is no difficulty about holding Irish citizenship and at the same time citizenship of another State such as the United Kingdom.
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 02:14:41 AM »
thanks super,

i believe you now, lol. but i don't think there's any convincing the lady.  :-X

another question: i finally did receive a tenancy agreement, what information needs to be in the agreement for it to be valid at immigration? i want to make sure its what their asking for.

also, what kind of questions can i expect from the home office in the interview? i'm shaking in my boots right now. :o just want to be as prepared as possible.

Sponsored Links