Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: On HSMP, made redundant, visiting home for 10 days. Risk of denied entry in UK?  (Read 600 times)

• Liked: 0
I've recently been made redundant, my garden leave expiring couple of weeks ago. I'm on HSMP, due to expire October this yr. I'm obviously looking for new employment but am also wanting to fly home for a week or 10 days. Would the fact that I don't have a job risk me being denied entry in to the UK? My port of entry would be London Heathrow. Someone scared me by saying this (especially given the current economic conditions and govt's tough stance on immigrants) but I can't see how they can actually implement it...

• Banned

• Liked: 4
There is no obligation to be in employment if you are on an HSMP, so don't worry.

Vicky

• Liked: 0
Thanks, Vicky.

Vicky, is this a case where someone's clock is reset? 

• Banned

No.  There is no obligation to be continuously employed on HSMP. Just don't be out of the UK for three months.

Vicky

• My blog!
Just to add though, when BCI comes into affect, as it stands now, this would have an major affect on someones ability to settle in the UK.  Something we need to keep a tight eye on as it gets implimented.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links