Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Couriers  (Read 527 times)

• Liked: 0
Couriers
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »
I had noted from previous posts that sending the application and documentation vis a courier rather than by post can sppeed up the process. The link provided was for 'registered agents' https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/Content.aspx?Tag=HowDoIApply_PAGE which appears to be for people to put the actually application and documents together. Am I misunderstanding this?

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Couriers
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:14:35 PM »
No, that list is a list of companies the VSD will accept visas from.  They are supposed to review your application to ensure it is complete, but only some of them have the necessary skills to actually represent you in putting together an application.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »
You need to get all your documentation together in a packet and then if you wish you can send to a courier to expedite things or mail directly to the Consulate.  The documentation needed will depend on the type of visa you require.

I just applied for my husbands Spousal Visa (married over 4 yrs) online from the USA, over the previous 2 weeks I gathered all the required documentation and put everything in a binder with 2 full copies made, one to go with the originals and one copy for at home (my records).  I used Nadereh @ Global VIP Services in LA and I received DH's Visa on the same day that the Consulate received the documentation, I cannot say enough good things about using a Courier if you want things done in a timely manner.  That being said my DH's application was very straightforward, if someone has any complications it could slow down the processing time.  Plus I have no idea how long the processing time is with mailed in apps.  The cost of me using a courier was $128 + mailing the documents ($71) which would still have cost the same if mailing directly to the Consulate.

What kind of Visa are you applying for?

Others will be along shortly to answer you with more info as they have more experience than I do.  I can only tell you what my recent (last 2 weeks) experience was like.

Good Luck.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:20:51 PM »
Grrrr...this is very confusing. Can we use any courier place based in LA to get the application pack there then? I heard the consulate would only accept things from particular places.

My fiance is applying for the fiance visa to move here to the UK but, of course, I'm doing all the organising. He has all my information and documents, we just need to get the form finished, the fee paid and the biometrics doodah done (do you have to go to the appointment before you send everything off? or do you book it and do it later? - still confused).

We don't need anything putting together we just need it to get there...
How would I get in touch with that courier?
Thanks for your time

C x

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:08:32 AM »
If you want to send the application by expedited courier, then you need to use one of the courier companies listed in the link you posted at the top.

You mail your documents to the courier, who then has a quick look at them to check you haven't forgotten anything major and then they take the package to the consulate in person (they should not be giving you any immigration advice though, so watch out for any of them that try to do so). When the visa has been issued (often only a few hours later), they pick up your visa and documents from the consulate and then mail them back to you.

Otherwise all you can do is send it to the consulate by regular mail (USPS, FedEx, UPS etc.) and wait for the consulate to send it back to you by regular mail. Doing it this way means that your application goes to the back of the line and it may take 2 or 3 weeks or so for the visa to be issued.

You have to go to the biometrics appointment before you send anything off because the biometrics paperwork from your appointment must be sent with the application documents. You have 14 days after the biometrics appointment to get all of the documentation to the consulate.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:35:24 AM »
Seriously, give Global VIP Services a call, Nadereh knows what she is doing and is fantastic.  She called me a few times to let me know what was going on and I got my DH's Visa the same day.

It is so worth the extra money..........why would you want to use someone not listed on the website.

Fiancee Visa should be straightforward if you have everything required on the Application.  All you need to do is apply online, once you answer all the questions you will be asked to pay online and then you will book a Biometric Appointment at the end.  Choose the appointment you want, go and then send everything off to the Courier.  Call Nadereh before hand to warn her you are sending these docs to her, she will call you when your package arrives and then after she reviews it.  She will then (if everything is in order) take your docs to the Consulate and then you should be issued the visa the same day.  Nadereh will then call you to tell you she has it and will then mail it on to you.

Really easy and simple.........give her a call, she is great.

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 04:45:54 AM »
I will second Nadereh at Global VIP, I'm using her to courier my Fiancee Settlement application and she has been amazing so far. I should be sending my docs to her in the next few days so I'll have word hopefully that day or the next. She has answered any questions I have and been very sweet to me. Call her it's worth the extra money to have peace of mind.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab