Sponsored Links

Poll

Please what is happening about my ilr application

ilr
1 (50%)
ilr
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Topic: My ILr application  (Read 643 times)

• Liked: 0
My ILr application
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:40:23 PM »
Please is there anyone with experience i have applied for my ilr by post and money have been deducted but nothing heard again from then and this is the 5th week

Re: My ILr application
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »
There is no real answer for this because it can take up to 14 weeks depending on how busy they are.

I know the waiting is the hard part.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »
Mine is on its 5th week as well and I haven't received anything back... though I have read a few here on UKY that got theirs in less than 7weeks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be the same for me (and to the rest of all ILR applicants).

(Sigh)

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:51:51 PM »
As daisy said, lately is seems lately that settlement visas are taking 12-16 weeks by post.

The IEB won't even discuss it with you until the 14th week and they are only likely to inform you that it is being processed.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »
I don't remember them sending acknowledgement letters for ILR. Has that changed?
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• My blog!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
Yeah, I don't think there is an acknowledgement letter.

Employers can contact the Employer Information line (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/employersupport/employershelpline/), fill out a form, fax it off and in a couple weeks get a response back that your application is being processed.  Most employers though would take into account proof that you have paid (bank statement) and your previous visa as status.

As to why the Government works they way they do is one of the those imponderables, like why Michael Jackson can sell out 50 concerts at the O2 in 2 days.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »
so the UKBA dont always send acknowledgement letter for ilr.which means the employer needs to verify by calling them to confirm that one has an application with them.or what do you think.Please get back to me

I don't believe HO ever sends out letter for ILR and kitsonk outlined above the steps the employer needs to take to verify the application status. However, (as he also said) some employers will be satisfied with just proof of payment and your last visa status. To find out if your employer will accept that as proof, you should ask your employer.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• My blog!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 09:43:26 AM »
The only confirmation letters that I know about for applications made in country are EEA2 Family Permits.  I maybe wrong.
Transpondia
My Blog

• Banned

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
We usually get letters for applications which are likely to take a long time, nearly always for FLR applications.

Vicky

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »
I received a confirmation letter when I first sent my ILR off.  It was the same exact letter I received when I sent my FLR(M) in, except it said SET(M) instead.  There's nothing enlightening in it though, just says to check the website if I have any questions and not to ring them, and not to make plans to travel.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab