Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee Visa vs. Marriage Visitor Visa?  (Read 306 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiancee Visa vs. Marriage Visitor Visa?
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:20:07 PM »
Hello,

New to the forum and have a question re: fiancee visas and marriage visitor visas.  I am an American and my fiance is British; we're both living in New York City.  We plan on getting married this September in the UK, then returning to live in New York after the ceremony.  We may want to settle in the UK in a few years, but for right now we have no plans on leaving the States.  So, my question is: which visa should I be applying for? Fiancee Visa or the Marriage Visitor Visa? 

Also, can anyone recommend to best way to apply for the visa itself?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Fiancee Visa vs. Marriage Visitor Visa?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »
A fiancee visa is intended for people who want to settle in the UK after the marriage. 

Visa applications are done online.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: Fiancee Visa vs. Marriage Visitor Visa?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 06:31:19 PM »
www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

You want Visitor -- Marriage

On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab