Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Supporting Documents  (Read 2068 times)

Re: Supporting Documents
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »
Of course we always try to avoid generalities in these types of discussions, but generally speaking, applications at certain consulates in Africa, South Asia, the Pac Rim, and South America are positively *dripping* with forgeries.

I have seen street vendors outside a British consulate in North Africa selling tailor-made British Gas invoices, BT invoices, wage and salary slips, bank statements, you name it.  Same thing outside some British consulates in South Asia.

The show you saw with the Indian HSMP applicant used some highly contrived cases designed to make VSD look good.  Totally propagandistic.  The case with the Welsh woman didn't reflect at all what happens in real life.  To be frank, it was all tosh and toilet.  Contrived through and through.  NOTE: just because VSD used some self-serving propaganda on TV doesn't mean they are necessarily bad, it just means they like to promote themselves as good guys.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »
WOW.  Thanks for the info.  I had no idea it was that bad.

And back to thread topic! 

• Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »
I use paperclips.  Keep it simple.

Paperclip for each section listed on your table of contents?  Then big alligator clip for all of those sections with table of contents on top?
Do we even need to bother with marking the sections with tabs or anything?

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 05:28:33 PM »
No, but you might want to list the documents you are sending.

Vicky

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:15 AM »
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of including a contents list, but I definitely will and I'll be going the paperclip and alligator clip route. :)

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
I put a list of documents in my cover letter, then paperclip the relevant sections together and stack them in the order I mentioned them in the contents list, with the cover letter on top.  I don't label the individual sections. Works like a charm! :)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

Sponsored Links