Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Can you tell me if I've got this right?  (Read 1394 times)

• Liked: 0
Can you tell me if I've got this right?
« on: February 01, 2003, 02:52:16 PM »
Hello.. I'm Nicky and I'm a newbie :)

I wonder if someone can tell me if I have got this right.

My fiance..(well.. I say my fiance but I am not divorced yet.. still waiting!)  he  is american and in the USA right now.  He is coming over to the UK in Feb for eight weeks.

Now, he's not working right now.. he's been laid off so he has no funds.. and we know that immigration ask about that so this is what we have...

We have a letter of support from his sister with a bank statement and three wage stubs
and he has a letter from me stateing that I am his friend that I will be accomodating him until the return date of his ticket, and that he is here only to sightsee the UK.

But before showing them all that he was going to say that he has enough money on his ATM card but if he gets stuck his sister has offered to help out and then showing them his sisters documents if they ask

ok does that sound suffice?

thanks
Nicky
Nicky

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Can you tell me if I've got this right?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 08:14:28 PM »
Hmm, that's an interesting situation.

I came in as a tourist when I meant to live here and they did ask me how long I was staying, I said 6 months, then they asked how much I had in my bank, I said "Oh, Um... around $1000 or so" then they asked how I planned on supporting myself. I just said my parents would help.

They didn't ask for any documents. They didn't even ask to see my return ticket (thank god, because I didn't have one). I don't think they'll ask him for documents, but you never know.

I can't guarantee it'll all be fine because everyones experience is different, but I think you'll be okay. If they ask, all he needs to say is his sister will help if need be.

The thing to do is not give more information than they ask for.  Only answer the questions they ask. He shouldn't have any worries about coming in as a tourist.

And have fun!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab