Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: new in london  (Read 900 times)

• Liked: 0
new in london
« on: February 01, 2003, 03:00:03 PM »
hey there, i happen to be new to london (moved in july) and i'm finding the city life kind of hard since i come from the farmland of central ohio. i've been missing things like owning my own car and fast food drive thrus.

i'm currently applying to university (history of art) and looking for a job as well. I like books and kung fu movies. i'm 23 and have plenty of energy and i'd love to get out and do something with some fellow americans (if anyone knows any cool places to hang out?).

• Liked: 4
Re: new in london
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 03:23:33 PM »
WELCOME Sleepy

adjusting to the differences in cultural life has been something i had to get use to also, especially moving here from alabama, lol.  it has taken me a lil while to settle in, but it has been worth it.  

ive heard that a lot of americans hang out at the texas embassy in london.  but then again you can probably find them lurking in any american themed restaurants and/or pubs, lol.  

every so often, we have scheduled get-togethers.  (hummm im thinking its about time for one).  you can find information on the clubs and event board.  

btw...you might wanna take a look at the student lounge board.  who knows, maybe youll find an american study partner.  

good luck!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 03:35:02 PM by ItsBcoz »
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab