Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lloyd's Text Notification, Kinda Pointless  (Read 990 times)

• Liked: 163
Lloyd's Text Notification, Kinda Pointless
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:05:37 PM »
Lloyds TSB has a feature that will alert you via text message when your debit cards are used outside the UK.  It tells you exactly how much money was spent and where, and I'm in favor of this.

Unfortunately, they've now started doing it for telephone or internet transactions made in the UK, and the text message doesn't say how much money was spent, or on what date, or anything else that might help you identify the transaction.  It just says "Your debit card ending in XXXX was used to make a telephony or mail order payment" followed by their 0845 contact information.

I called to see what transaction had generated the message, to make sure it was one I'd authorized, only to find that nobody at Lloyd's can specify what transaction generated the message, and transactions can take up to 48 hours to appear.

This is unhelpful.  I order enough stuff off the internet that in the last 48 hours there are a few things that I've purchased using that debit card.  What worries me is what if a someone has used my card fraudulently today?  Without specific information about the transaction I have no idea, and Lloyd's can't tell me for two days. 

So what's the fcuking point?

• Liked: 1
Re: Lloyd's Text Notification, Kinda Pointless
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:19:50 PM »
I'm already upset with Lloyds because they froze my account/debit card yesterday!! And when I got to the bottom of it, it turned out they messed up a change of address and it was coming out differently to what I was entering in the online purchase I was trying to make. I had to call, get them to unblock me, but then also go in person to the bank, where it took a whole HOUR for the woman who dealt with it to correct the wrong information while I sat there in a room with her. Sheesh. Nice waste of time.
*Repatriated Brit undergoing culture shock with the rest of you!*

• Liked: 163
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:31:27 PM »
Yeah, they don't make it easy, do they?

Carl

• Blog
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »
I've not been impressed with Lloyd's at all. I'm seriously considering switching, but have the great track record of not being on the electoral role (which apparently most other banks want?) even though I am clearly a USC! I spent an hour on a Saturday morning signing up for an account with Alliance & Leicester  only to be denied because I'm not on the role--and I was very clear throughout the application that I can't be on that as I'm not an EU citizen! Arrgh! So far, banking here in the UK has made me really miss my US bank.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab