Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I feel like giving up :(  (Read 1163 times)

• Live every week like it's Shark Week.
  • Liked: 1
I feel like giving up :(
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:19:58 AM »
 :\\\'(

I am trying to get everything together for my fiancee visa, and it's an absolute nightmare for so many reasons. I'm worried that my proof of sole responsibility for my son won't be enough, but I definitely can not afford a lawyer. I lost my job a month ago and I haven't been able to find a new one, and it's dipping heavily into the maintenance fees that I so DESPERATELY need to prove that we'll be okay until I can work. If I found a job now I would feel like a jerk because I need to move asap...I refuse to pull my child out of school mid year and plop him in an unfamiliar school. I had to do that once before and I just don't feel like it's fair to do it again. My fiance got layed off a while back so I definitely can't rely on him for any financial support. It seems like there is a new aspect of my crappy situation to factor in each and every day. The worst part is that the stress of this all is turning me into a psycho hose beast and it's sucking the romance right out of the situation. I can't stop thinking about visas for even a day.

Why is it so hard for two people who love each other to be together???

I want to curl in a ball and hide in my closet and never think about visas and budgets and maintenance funds and bank statements again. Actually, I'd rather be chillin' out in England, enjoying a delightful crunchie and watching bbcthree....but I'm so afraid that it's impossible.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(I know that it's really hard for most everyone, people have gotten through it with many more strikes against them, I'm sure. I just had to get that out. Thanks for listening.)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:29:26 AM by dangerface »
Here we go:

17 AUG 2009- Applied online
20 AUG 2009- Biometrics
24 Aug- Sent everything to expediter
26 Aug-Application taken to consulate
26 Aug-Fiancee visas approved!!!
 2 Sep-Moved to UK!

• Liked: 1
Re: I feel like giving up :(
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 10:01:24 AM »
Just want to give you a hug (((((( )))))))

Haven't been in exactly your situation but a similarly frustrating and overwhelming one, so I can relate to the things you are feeling and the mental and emotional exhaustion regarding the sheer logistics, arrangements and paperwork, no matter what kind it happens to be.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other; you will manage the whole thing bit by bit in time. Hugs and support to anyone feeling the strain of one type or another. :-*

International life-changes are huge and no picnic one way or another, so hang in there and a big hug.
*Repatriated Brit undergoing culture shock with the rest of you!*

• Liked: 0
Re: I feel like giving up :(
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »
Awwww :( *HUG*

I've written songs about how hard it is for 2 people to be together. And the beurocracy of it. I know, it's ridiculous. You just have to hold out faith that it's worth it, and that it will all work out in the end...

We had to wait 6 1/2 years to be together (closer to 10 if you include the years of friendship) but I was never as depressed as I was when I was in the middle of the spouse visa process... It caused fights between us, when we'd never fought much before. I spent all of my time stressing and researching and stressing more, and always felt frustrated/depressed. I can honestly say that they were the worst few months of my life (save the wedding). But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, your DF. So just try and hold out hope. We're all here to help!

*HUG*
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab